Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Tell me about BRURIAH these days
Previous  1  2

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 6:53 am
OP, the administration changed in around 2007. Mrs Newman ran the school for many years, and left in 2007. There was another change at some point, when Mrs. Stern left (I graduated in 2008, so I don't know what happened next). You need to get information from people who went there or sent their daughters there after the Mrs Newman days.

essie14

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:35 am
amother wrote:
I was in Michalala 2000-2001 year from TAG. The only girls who knew as much/more than me (I have always been a motivated self-learner and know and remember many, many random things and sources and connections from various places in Tanach) were the Bruriah girls AND they were fun, friendly, and all around awesome. If it hasn't changed much since then, my impression is that it is a fabulous school.

I don't think 16 years ago is exactly relevant.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:48 am
essie14 wrote:
I don't think 16 years ago is exactly relevant.

This is an old thread, which was revived by tangerine amother yesterday, asking about Gemara study. Do you have any current info?

essie14

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:03 am
Only very anecdotal - good school, a lot of academic emphasis.
Maybe try a Passiac-area facebook group?

I know Bruriah has an open house around this time of year - call and attend?

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 8:12 am
amother wrote:
Is gemara taught in Bruriah?

My dd is in 12th grade this year. This is her second year there. She does not learn gemara.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children