Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
ISO Parve cheese Shavuos recipes

alef12

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 9:18 am
Looking for some good recipes for Shavuos favorites like "cheese" blintzes, mock dairy dessert items etc... I can get Daiya "cheese", tofutti cream cheese and sour cream, and sometimes can find tofutti ricotta. I can't eat dairy and DH is particular to have meat at every YT meal but would love to surprise the family with some 'dairy like' foods.

Already have a great Parve cheesecake recipes but anything else would be super.

bnm

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 9:54 am
there is a recipe for a cheesecake trifle that I made using tofuti cream cheese somewhere on here.

I take any dairy recipe and convert it using Tofuti or Diaya or any parve yogurts

bnm

Post Thu, May 02 2013, 10:02 am
Tofutti makes:

ice creams
cream cheese
sour cream
ricotta cheese
ready cheese blintzes

Diaya makes:
shredded cheese
wedges of cheese
cheese slices
parve cream cheese that is milk AND soy free (will be out in the summer)

So Delicouse and Almnod Dream:
different yogurts and stuff

between all that you can usually convert any recipe. I'm thinking of doing cheesecake truffle pops next. I also saw a recipe for pecan pie cheesecake I want to try.

the Daiya stuff is more savory so isn't really for dessert but you can make mini cheese calzones or something to serve as a side dish

gazingblue

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 1:40 pm
I need to make some non-dairy "dairy" dishes (since we have some dairy allergies). When using substitutions for dairy, do you use equal amounts?

Also, can you please post the pareve cheese cake recipe? TIA

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 2:13 pm
Buy the ready made tofutti blintzes instead of making your own.
Be careful how you defrost them. Follow instructions on the box. They are best just defrosted and eaten as is.

bnm

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 2:42 pm
I used to put the tofutti cheese blintzes on a George Foreman type grill in camp. they where delicious.

yes I use = amounts to real dairy but I do add some lemon juice (a tip I noticed Ra_mom mention somewhere on the forums)

I just made some oreo cupcake cheescakes in parve and the best compliment was 'are you sure its parve'? I made it myself in my fleishig oven so it better be parve Smile

http://dinnersdishesanddessert.....akes/

I doubled the vanilla and put in 2 teaspoons lemon juice. used tofuti products instead of dairy and the jewish company imitation oreos. I did add an extra 1 or 2 to the crumbs. I didn't taste yet the finished product but whoever did was thrilled. (why am I on a diet before shavues?!?!)

gazingblue

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 5:19 pm
Thanks so much ra_mom and bnm. This is all relatively new to me (didn't even know tofutti made blintzes!). Any more advice and tips, I'm listening. Smile

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 6:20 pm
if you are used to real cheese and dairy, you might be really disappointed by the pareve versions. and they're costly.

bnm

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 7:26 pm
there is a parve brownie cheesecake recipe somewhere on here, its a winner every time I make it

alef12

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 7:49 pm
I understand that some parve versions are disappointing. I am looking for the non-dissappointing ones. I've been by kiddeishim where the ladies are arguing over whether the cheesecake is dairy or parve (and there's a little parve sign there they aren't noticing...) that's the type of recipe I'm looking for. Not that I'd know the difference as long as it tastes good, but the others will.

gazingblue

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 7:56 pm
bnm wrote:
there is a parve brownie cheesecake recipe somewhere on here, its a winner every time I make it

I found the recipe, but I see you've made some suggested alterations. So, how do you make it now? How long do you bake it and do you leave it in the oven longer? Did you ever make the cupcake version?

paprika

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 8:33 pm
Pareve Chocolate Cheesecake:

6 oz. chocolate crumbs from the chocolate pie crust
6 tsp. margarine

Melt margarine, mix with crumbs and press into 10" round pan. Bake 10 minutes.

6 - 8 oz (48 oz.) tofu cream cheese, room temp.
6 eggs separated
1/2 tsp. vanilla sugar
2 1/2 cups sugar
10 oz. melted chocolate

Make a snow. In another bowl, combine cream cheese, yolks, and sugars. Add the melted chocolate and fold in the snow. Bake at 350 for 1 hour in a pan with water. Leave cake in oven to cool.

bnm

Post Sun, May 05 2013, 9:05 pm
gazingblue wrote:
bnm wrote:

I found the recipe, but I see you've made some suggested alterations. So, how do you make it now? How long do you bake it and do you leave it in the oven longer? Did you ever make the cupcake version?

the browny one- I follow my alterations, I start checking 3/4 through, I have made the cupcake oreo one I posted earlier in this thread

gazingblue

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 8:00 pm
bnm wrote:
gazingblue wrote:
bnm wrote:

the browny one- I follow my alterations, I start checking 3/4 through, I have made the cupcake oreo one I posted earlier in this thread

Thanks!

animeme

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 12:46 pm
I make a parve blintz casserole using apple blintzes (or whatever fruit you like) and the tofutti sour cream in the batter. You can use a regular blintz casserole/souffle recipe and just substitute the sour cream.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 1:18 pm
PArave cheesecake.

Two to three chocolate pie shells
16 Oz whip
1 toufutti better then sour cream
1 touffuti cream cheese
1 cup sugar
Whip whip, add the rest filll pie shells, enjoy

scrltfr

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 1:45 pm
[quote="paprika"]Pareve Chocolate Cheesecake:

6 tsp. margarine

6 eggs separated
1/2 tsp. vanilla sugar
2 1/2 cups sugar
10 oz. melted chocolate

Make a snow. In another bowl, combine cream cheese, yolks, and sugars. Add the melted chocolate and fold in the snow. Bake at 350 for 1 hour in a pan with water. Leave cake in oven to cool.[/quote

6 containers of cream cheese?

kiwi strawberry

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 3:40 pm
Here is a dairy mushroom quiche recipe that I've done pareve and it was great:

2 large sauteed onions
7 pieces of American cheese cut into small pieces
2 small cans of mushrooms
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs

Mix the eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, and salt. Add onions, cheese, and mushrooms. Pour into pie shell and bake at 450 for 10 minutes or 350 for 30 minutes.

I've made it without the cheese altogether, meaning no cheese substitute at all, just left it out totally, and used soy milk instead of real milk, expecting it to be bland because what's a mushroom cheese quiche without the cheese?? but surprisingly it came out great! This year I think I will try it with a cheese substitute and see how it will come out (hopefully even better!). I'm not so familiar with cheese substitutes but I did see something in the grocery that looked like an American cheese substitute. It was a package of individually wrapped pieces; not sure if it was soy or a smart balance kind of thing or what.

In any case, enjoy Smile

bubble gum

Post Sat, May 11 2013, 11:40 pm
Mommy3.5, is that a no-bake recipe?

paprika

Post Sat, May 11 2013, 11:52 pm
[quote="scrltfr"]
paprika wrote:
Pareve Chocolate Cheesecake:

6 tsp. margarine

6 eggs separated
1/2 tsp. vanilla sugar
2 1/2 cups sugar
10 oz. melted chocolate

Make a snow. In another bowl, combine cream cheese, yolks, and sugars. Add the melted chocolate and fold in the snow. Bake at 350 for 1 hour in a pan with water. Leave cake in oven to cool.[/quote

6 containers of cream cheese?

Yes. 6 containers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics