Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Other sites like Swagbucks?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Mrs.K

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 10:37 am
How weird. E1234 - you're also in Israel - are you able to get the toolbar?
I wonder if this is something new? I have the toolbar on just fine. When a new email or Survey comes in it's highlighted in a purple box. Although you can see it on the upper right corner of your homepage too.

FYI, there's a customer service chat which is live so you can always as any question and chat with someone who can help you out in real time.

smss

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 11:21 am
well, I contacted customer service, and they said that those features are indeed not available in israel. Sad

just games, tasks, and I guess searches since I did get credited for mine...

mrs. k, I guess you got lucky Smile

Mrs.K

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 12:29 pm
Not emails or surveys?

I wonder if it's something with my IP address?

e1234

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 2:20 pm
I have the toolbar but everything I search gets 0 results

mandr

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 2:32 pm
For what it's worth, I made like $500 in Amazon giftcards from Swagbucks. Then when they changed the numbering system to add a zero after everything and they gave fractions of bucks, that's when I left.

Mrs.K

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 3:41 pm
E1234, when you search from the website, not from the toolbar, it doesn't give you the regular results? My searches work fine, and I even use it just to type in my email or something so I can click on it.

I just got another survey about the NY Marathon 2013, took about 5 minutes, 25 cents + 25 cents token, 50 cents total :-)

Mandr, I actually thought Swagbucks lowered their gift card price, I was very happy about that. But I'd still rather cash, personally. I do use Swagbucks though, but can pretty much only earn from codes from Israel.

mandr

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 3:44 pm
Mrs.K wrote:

Mandr, I actually thought Swagbucks lowered their gift card price, I was very happy about that. But I'd still rather cash, personally. I do use Swagbucks though, but can pretty much only earn from codes from Israel.

Actually they were always 45 SB but now they're 450 SB -- so they're the same price. It used to be, the minimum you earned was 1 SB. Today that's the equivalent of 100 SB. So these days you can earn 75 SB, which is really only 3/4 of a SB! When I saw that I was like HMPH and I left.

I use Amazon for tons of stuff I buy so it really was like cash to me. I got dozens and dozens of giftcards, which added up to crazy amounts if you think about it! All for just searching random stuff twice a day (I would never use it as a regular search engine because it's nothing like Google).

photoshop_mommy

Post Mon, May 06 2013, 7:26 pm
I'm a member of both Swagbucks and mypoints.com. I'm not sure if mypoints works in Israel, though (I'm in the US) but I redeem points from both of them for amazon gift cards.
I would post a referral link to mypoints but the referral has to be sent out by email... I'll gladly send you the referral email if you let me know your email address!

e1234

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:35 am
Code:
E1234, when you search from the website, not from the toolbar, it doesn't give you the regular results? My searches work fine, and I even use it just to type in my email or something so I can click on it.

nope nothing still what page are you searching from
I tried both from the toolbar and webpage but everything returns 0 results

Mrs.K

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 3:40 am
Okay that's seriously weird. I search all the time. Did you try the customer service live chat? They're very helpful and answer instantaneously.

Smss and Shalhevet, even without the toolbar, can you still see on the main page in the upper right corner where it says emails and surveys and then a 0 next to it or the number you have waiting for you? Do you have that? When I woke up this morning I had 3 emails waiting for me = 6 cents.

shalhevet

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 5:11 am
There are no emails waiting. The homepage has this message:

Unfortunately we have limited earning opportunities available for your country.
Due to the limited opportunities, we will not be able to send you PaidEmails®.

I can search from the link you sent (though I can't find a link anywhere on the site and I still don't know how to get to it), but no money from yesterday's searches there - unless they are still sleeping in America and someone has to manually enter it. Wink

Mrs.K

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 5:50 am
I wonder why everything is open to me in Israel. Emails, Surveys, Toolbar, maybe they changed the rule after I joined? Though I didn't join all that long ago.

Do you have a link to the customer support center on your homepage? If not, this is it:

https://server.iad.liveperson......_page!PAGETYPE?category=18

I've found them to be very helpful. As I wrote before, it's live chat so they answer instantaneously. I would ask them. Good Luck!

smss

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 8:15 am
mrs. k, I think it might be that they changed things after you joined. when I contacted customer service they told me their advertisers aren't really interested in spending money on reaching people outside the US (which kind of makes sense...except I did tell them to maybe let their advertisers know that I know plenty of people living in Israel who order stuff online!)

Mrs.K

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 9:35 am
Hmm maybe that's it...

Are you members in Israel able to do the Cash Tasks? It's on the right under "More"?

If you have to be on the computer waiting on hold (as I often am Sad ) it's another quick way to earn. There's the kind where you have like 5 questions and you need to click if they make sense or if the answer answers the question.

There's another kind that takes a bit longer where you yourself google for the answer and write it in, those pay nicely.

Mrs.K

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 11:41 am
By the way Smss, (and all other online shoppers...) if you do shopping online, I'm assuming you already know about Ebates .

(Not for you Shalhevet Wink )

They just give you a cash back percentage on your regular shopping orders. No other way to earn on that site, it's very simple and straightforward. Just click on the store's link when you go to checkout and they give you a percentage back. Swagbucks and InboxDollars does this, but Ebates seems to have more stores. Like it was the only one that had 10% back from Snapfish and I just got 2.5% back today from Zulily. Neither of those are on Swagbucks or InboxDollars.

Always check the percentage though first, to make sure you're using the site that will give you the most cash back. Like for Gap, for example, Ebates gives 2% cash back while InboxDollars gives 3% cash back, so it pays to look first. InboxDollars

Also, FYI, all these kinds of sites have blog banners for referrals!

This is my referral link: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?re.....3D%3D

Oh, and another great thing, they pay by paypal!

Last edited by Mrs.K on Tue, May 07 2013, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

mandr

Post Tue, May 07 2013, 11:45 am
If anyone wants to join ebates, here's a referral link. I would love it if you used it!

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?re.....3D%3D

Whoever's doubting if this thing works, check out this screenshot of my rewards so far.

Mrs.K

Post Wed, May 08 2013, 2:24 pm
FYI, there were several surveys today. The most recent one was just a few minutes ago, about 3 minutes for 25 cents, +25 cent token so .50 cents altogether.

Also, remember to spin the wheel once free daily and whenever you don't qualify for the survey - They gave me $1.00 today!

AZmom09

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 8:10 am
Hi!
so does this work in israel or not? when I sign up it asks for zip code and country, I live in israel but we are not israeli, we have an address in the US also (parent house..)
which do I put in?

smss

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 8:23 am
AZmom09 wrote:
Hi!
so does this work in israel or not? when I sign up it asks for zip code and country, I live in israel but we are not israeli, we have an address in the US also (parent house..)
which do I put in?

interesting...I wonder if you'd get all the features if you put in a US address and then could send the checks there...try it!

IME not all the features are available in israel.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 10:22 am
Shopathome is like Ebates, except they have a 110% price guarantee that they offer the best rates. Usually their cashback is better than Ebates, and if it's not, they will beat it.

Here is my referral link:
http://www.shopathome.com/?IAF.....FPw==

Shopathome.com
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics