Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Pareve cream cheese wwyd?

sourstix

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 3:13 pm
I so wanto substitute this for the milchig does anyone have experience doing this for any dairy recipe? I am allergic. so I only use pareve. I so wanto make all the delicuous stuff but with pareve c. ch. okay hope its yes with good experience. thanks a ton.

agreer

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 3:26 pm
Honestly? I would not make a cheesecake...

Pareve cream cheese tastes good when mixed with other things, like puddings or peanut butter and whipped topping, mmmm but plain, as in a cheesecake with nothing else masking it's flavors.... I dunno, I've always been disappointed.

That being said, if your heart is set on cheesecake, go for it. Substitute it exactly for any amount of regular cheesecake and proceed w/ recipe. Maybe add some lemon zest, liquer, or other flavoring to help?

Hatzlacha!

wereafamily

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 7:53 pm
I must say, I disagree!
You can make delicious "cheese cake" using pareve cream cheese.
Mishpacha has a pareve cheese cake, want me to post the recipe?

bnm

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 8:24 pm
there are a few current threads on this topic, I posted links there to stuff I have used it in and tips. scroll down and you will find it in 'related topics' any other questions feel free to ask Smile I made cookies last night using tofuti cream cheese, made cheescake cupcakes and tonight am making something else

sourstix

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:01 pm
agreer,I wanted a whole recipe not just cream cheese. I gues I wasnt clear.

sourstix

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:05 pm
bnm wrote:
there are a few current threads on this topic, I posted links there to stuff I have used it in and tips. scroll down and you will find it in 'related topics' any other questions feel free to ask Smile I made cookies last night using tofuti cream cheese, made cheescake cupcakes and tonight am making something else

I do have a good recipe, the one classic everyone makes with lemon sugar vanilla, and so forth in a pie crust. I want a dairy recipe that I can substitute the dairy products so I get the real stuff. get what I mean? I always eat these rich creamy ones by simchas. its not the one everyone makes I know that one. although I make that one without the tofutti sour cream so I will try maybe that will make it even better. but I still want to take a dairy recipe I find anywhere and sub the cream cheese its my dream hop e it will be successful.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:06 pm
I've made Susie Fishbein's brownie fudge cheesecake pareve.
I also have a wonderful recipe from the Food Network magazine, sorry I can't send it. It's for a cherry cola based red velvet jelly roll style cake with a cream cheese filling. I've only made it pareve and love it.

sourstix

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:07 pm
wereafamily wrote:
I must say, I disagree!
You can make delicious "cheese cake" using pareve cream cheese.
Mishpacha has a pareve cheese cake, want me to post the recipe?

yes yes absolutely, I just dont want the classic one with the lemon sugar and vanilla you know what I mean? I want something more rich. also I cant have nuts any, I am highly allergic. thanks al ton.

bnm

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:11 pm
I take ANY recipe for milchig cheesecake and just sub tofutti. most times people don't believe me when I say its parve. Bina had a cheescake trifle in the paper one year, I made that with tofuti cream cheese and you couldn't tell.

sourstix

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:11 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I've made Susie Fishbein's brownie fudge cheesecake pareve.
I also have a wonderful recipe from the Food Network magazine, sorry I can't send it. It's for a cherry cola based red velvet jelly roll style cake with a cream cheese filling. I've only made it pareve and love it.

oh my gosh I amso excited you all are so nice. can I have this recipe. I dont have her cookbooks. does it taste like dairy? do you know if I can sub any dairy recipe and make it pareve with tofutti cream chees?
does anyone know if I can substitute pareve cream cheese in any milchig recipe? please anyone with experience. thanks a ton.

sourstix

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:14 pm
bnm wrote:

please can I have the recipe?????????????? I just hope it doesnt have nuts I am allergic

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 9:33 pm
if OP is allergic to dairy, and never ever has it, she might like the pareve version very much.

sourstix

Post Sun, May 12 2013, 10:03 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
if OP is allergic to dairy, and never ever has it, she might like the pareve version very much.

I have had dairy in the past until I found out I was allergic. and that includes any nuts. so if its made in a nut factory its out too. say for instance any cookies cakes chocolates nosh and all of the candies made in a nut factory are a problem.

bnm

Post Mon, May 13 2013, 12:39 am
Cheese cake trifle:

crumb Layer:
* 1/2 pkg honey graham crackers or choc chip cookies, crushed
* 1/2 stick butter
Combine thoroughly and set aside

Nut Topping:
* 2 bars two-toned dairy choc, grated
* 1/2 lb roasted almonds, chopped
Gently mix grated choc with nuts.

Cheese Mixture:
* 4 eggs
* 2 8 oz pkgs unwhipped cream cheese
* 3 T milk
* 2/3 c. powdered sugar
* 10 oz whipping cream
* 1 bar dairy choc, melted
Beat cream and set aside. Beat cheese with eggs. Add milk and sugar. Fold in beaten cream and mix gently until fully incorporated.

Divide cheese mixture in half. One half will remain white; to the other half, add melted choc.

To Assemble:
Use parfait glasses and create layers in the following order: crumbs, dark cheese, toppings, crumbs, light cheese, topping. Depending on size of glass, may want to double layers. You can also skip topping in middle and reserve for final layer. Garnish with chocolate balls, choc curls or choc chips

I used tofuti and whip topping or rice dream. I think I left out the eggs one time and just used a bit more topping. You can put extra cookie crumbs instead of the nuts

bnm

Post Mon, May 13 2013, 12:41 am
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes

http://dinnersdishesanddessert.....akes/

I used equal amounts of toffuti cream cheese, I put in an extra teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 teaspoons lemon juice

bnm

Post Mon, May 13 2013, 12:49 am
cheesecake brownies

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0

sourstix

Post Mon, May 13 2013, 8:47 am
thank you everyone I am so so happy I will iyh try them hopefully I still have time before yomtov. have a cheesy yom tov everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics