Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Gefilte fish

shirtsandskirts

Post Tue, May 14 2013, 11:29 am
My dh eats only ungar's brand, which we buy at local grocery for $5 if it's on sale and for about $6 if it's not.

Is there anywhere that sells them cheaper (I mean chain store, obviously not local grocery)? Does costco sell them?

Torah

Post Thu, Jan 16 2014, 5:30 pm
I was at the Kollel supermarket today and their own brand of gefilta fish was $3.99. My family really enjoys Kollel's own brand and other store brands gefilta fish, so we look for sales and mostly buy the store's own brands. Some of the stores have the same owner, so usually Moishe's Discount is on sale when Kollel has a sale. We like Moishe's brand just as much. Some of our guests have also commented that they love the fish. Would he try a store brand? Is it that he likes Ungar's taste or is there another reason?

smiledr

Post Thu, Jan 16 2014, 5:35 pm
My Costco used to carry ungers two loaves 8.49. They stopped bec there wasn't enough demand but a lot if costcos still stock them

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jan 16 2014, 5:58 pm
Ungar's goes on sale here in Chicago a few times a year (including now) for $3.99 a loaf.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains