Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Seasonal allergies

seeker

Post Sun, May 19 2013, 1:28 am
2yo DD has been rubbing her eyes almost constantly for the past week or so and sneezing a lot. She's had what appears to be milder seasonal allergies in the past, but this seems pretty annoying, and I worry about the eye rubbing. I'm going to call her pediatrician (it was hard to get through between yomtov/Shabbos) but want to hear from other moms, what do you do about this? I'm wary of medicating such a little kid. I had severe seasonal allergies as a teen and had to take a pill every day during allergy seasons to keep it under control, but that seems extreme for a baby. She's coping ok, I don't think it's interfering with her life too much, but it's definitely reached an annoying level.

Open to natural remedy ideas, but I'm wary of those too - just curious what is worth looking into.

Didi

Post Sun, May 19 2013, 1:48 pm
My 2 yr old I put on Histazine (israel) claritin in the states. Whenever the season changes here my allergies along with my kids allergies flare up. Feel Better

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, May 19 2013, 1:53 pm
I try to keep out pollen as much as possible. So keep the windows closed, clean often, use filter in her bedroom maybe. Bathe daily, preferably right when she comes in from being outdoors.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics