Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Does vision threapy help?

goforit

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 1:17 pm
Hi does anyone know of a good vision therapist in Brooklyn (preferred)? when my ds comes to the end of the line he skips lines. Would this help? This is not a lazy eye. If anyone would have any info if pandas can have anything to do with this that would ve great! thanks so much

nycgal

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 2:40 pm
Ezra Medical Center does vision therapy. 718-686-7600

chani8

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 4:22 pm
We did vision therapy for my dyslexic son. It helped tremendously.

goforit

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 6:16 pm
Do you know anyone that's good in ezra? Did you use them? Did you see a diffrence?

amother

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 6:19 pm
We felt it was a scam. But if you're going to do it, make sure DS does the homework every day or you'll be wasting money and not know why it didn't work.

yaakovsmom

Post Thu, May 30 2013, 6:45 pm
I took my ds for vision therapy at the suggestion of the psychologist who diagnosed him with dyslexia. I don't feel that it helped at all, although we did do the homework every night.

farmom

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:16 am
We had success with Dr. Warshowsky
http://drjoelwarshowsky.com/

sleepless mom

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:39 am
suny downstate optometry they are located in Manhattan. we had very good experience with them. they accept most insurances. I had a few siblings that has issues with there eyes and they really help them. one had a lazy eye, one hadfocusing problem, headaches and I have nystagmus and one brother had that his number when up by every doctors visit until we went for therapy by them and since then his number stayed the same.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 2:38 am
If it will work or not depends entirely on what the problem is. Even if it's the right cure for the problem, as another poster said, it absolutely must be done every single day with full effort.

I had double vision as a child, and exercises fixed it right up. 35 years later, when I feel my eyes getting too tired, I still do the exercises and it helps freshen up my vision.

My daughter did 3 years of vision training, and it didn't help her lazy eye one bit, but glasses work really well. Another friend of mine's daughter did the exact same exercises, ended up needing surgery, and now doesn't need glasses. Yet another one's child did the exercises, and is completely cured, as I was.

So as I say, it really depends on a lot of things. At the very worst, it will waste your time, annoy your child, and cost you money. At best, you're doing something that cannot harm your child, and may give complete relief.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics