Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How do you clean the bathroom?

amother

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 11:56 am
amother because is the kind of thing that everyone knows, but I don't. And because I don't want people to refuse to come to my house because the bathroom is messy. embarrassed

What do you do when you clean your bathroom? I wipe down the mirror and then the sink, clean the toilet with a brush and then the outside with a shmatta. I tend to ignore the bathtub until every few weeks it gets a greyish ring around it that needs to be scrubbed off, but I don't know how to prevent that in the first place. embarrassed
And then I mop.

Is there something more complicated that I should be doing? People make such a big deal about cleaning the bathroom, but it usually takes me under ten minutes (granted, it's small).

PAMOM

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 12:03 pm
Ok. Use something disposable to clean the outside of the toilet ( paper towel and a spray cleaner is good). You can use a spray cleaner made for bathrooms every day/other day to clean the tub or you can use a sponge and a non-scratch cleaner like Bon Ami ( comes in a can). You'll have to use a sponge even if you use the spray stuff. I clean the toilet bowl 1-2 times a week and more when necessary . I wipe the counter off every other day.

Barbara

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 12:12 pm
amother wrote:
amother because is the kind of thing that everyone knows, but I don't. And because I don't want people to refuse to come to my house because the bathroom is messy. embarrassed

What do you do when you clean your bathroom? I wipe down the mirror and then the sink, clean the toilet with a brush and then the outside with a shmatta. I tend to ignore the bathtub until every few weeks it gets a greyish ring around it that needs to be scrubbed off, but I don't know how to prevent that in the first place. embarrassed
And then I mop.

Is there something more complicated that I should be doing? People make such a big deal about cleaning the bathroom, but it usually takes me under ten minutes (granted, it's small).

What about the tile, and the shower doors/curtain.

amother

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 12:12 pm
not OP but I have the same questions as her embarrassed

Why use disposables to clean the toilet? Whats wrong with a shmattah as long as I only use t for the toilet and then put it straight in the laundry pile (shmattas are washed in their own load)

And people really clean the tub every few days? I also do it once a month...

amother

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 12:15 pm
Barbara wrote:

What about the tile, and the shower doors/curtain.
second amother here embarrassed
how do you clean a shower curtain? I once tried putting it in the wash but it was too big and got ripped in the machine. We got a new one but I took that as a sign that its not meant to be cleaned....

Shana_H

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 12:22 pm
I have a fancy shower curtain that I bought from Ikea, love that place, and I buy cheep shower liners ($1.99 each) for the inside layer, once a month I throw out the liner and put up a new one!

PAMOM

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 12:23 pm
I have a plastic liner inside my regular shower curtain. The spray cleaner I use cleans soap scum and mildew also. I spray it on the liner, shower tile, and tub. For the bathroom where I only use a shower? I clean the tub once a week. For the tub I bathe in, I clean after I bathe each time. For tile floor -- you can use a swifter mop thing, a Lysol wipe ( if the room is really small) or a mop with Lysol in a bucket of water. Directions on the bottle

Shana_H

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 12:50 pm
Dear PAMOM, I love your "Directions on the bottle" :-) Thanx for the giggle!

PAMOM

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:01 pm
Yeah, I'm starting to sound like my mother but I newest and the nervousness of novice cleaners!

amother

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:17 pm
I have 3 bth/rms to clean, one bigger than the other. Oh wat a job. But I clean it every single day. Friday my Goyter cleans it

PAMOM

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:19 pm
Your goiter does cleaning? It might be worth having a thyroid problem for that.

amother

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 3:17 pm
PAMOM wrote:
Your goiter does cleaning? It might be worth having a thyroid problem for that.

I just knew I know you!!!

amother

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 4:27 pm
I have 6 1/2 bathrooms to clean and no thyroid problem.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 5:09 pm
why not keep a brush inthe tub and wash it each time you bathe or shower?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 10:57 am
I know this is an old post, but I could really use the help, so im bumping it up!

newly married and trying to get the hang of it..

I have a shower door, so I dont have to deal with a shower curtain, but I do have to deal with a shower door! it gets this pink weird scum, the walls of the shower have this thin film, even when I tried to wash it right after wedding (when it was brand new..) this is something that never came off.. the bottom of the tub gets all black.. I made a solution of baking soda vineagar oxi clean and whatnot, and it helped a lot.. but not completely..

PAMOM, what spray cleaner do u use?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics