Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Pesach cookbook
1  2  Next

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:48 pm
Anyone know of a good pesach cookbook that includes recipes for cakes and cookies

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 1:52 pm
You know what? I always buy the mixes and while I like some of them, I woulnd't mind tried and true recipes ....

Anyone? I know momof3 said she had a good brownie recipe . .

Squash

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 1:59 pm
I use the old fashioned nytra cookbook - I think it's called the "Heimishe Kitchen" or something like that. Their recipes are great. It's in my pesach closet though, so I can't share any of them now.

cindy324

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 1:59 pm
The Heimishe kitchen Pesach cookbook has some great cake recipes. I use those recipes year after year, and it always comes out great.

HealthCoach

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 2:00 pm
Nice signature, chocolate moose

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 2:02 pm
We use the pesach Spice and Spirit book.

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 3:20 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
We use the pesach Spice and Spirit book.

ditto, I used that last year with good results.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 3:22 pm
I just recommended the Aish HaTorah Pesach cookbook on the other thread - it's great.

Flowerchild

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 3:47 pm
I use a sephardic one "positively passover" really nice

Hannah!

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:53 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 12:59 am
I, too, use the Heimishe cookbook. For cakes and cookies, Ive gotten recipes from quite a few people.

Flowerchild

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 1:36 am
hannah it has some recipes for rice, its fun to eat the rice but not fun going through it 7 times.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 1:39 am
Is that the trouble of being sfardi - go through rice 7x - I hope that's only for pesach!

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 1:44 am
I bought and used the Spice and Spirit Pesach cookbook when I married my first husband since he doesn't eat gebrochs.

Now that I'm married to a 'brukker', I've been thinking about getting a new cookbook.

Regarding the S&SKfP, there is at least one brownie recipe in there that is a total disaster. When I first got the book, I made it, and it separated - I ended up with a sugar crust on top and a gel-like layer on the bottom. It took me two years to actually mark that one down as NEVER USE. The one underneath it however is great.

Tila

Post Fri, Mar 20 2009, 1:18 pm
Tamar Ansch has one out called A Taste of Tradition. She is gluten free. I made alot of her baked goods last pesach, and all were successful. I have a question about a recipe in this book. I willpost it at pesach, and mabe here!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 20 2009, 1:21 pm
Brownies are about the only baked good that's passable on Pesach. I make something without potato starch but it's much richer, not really approprite for breakfast.

I wouldn't buy a cookbook just for baked stuff, unless my family wasn't too fussy !!!

maplemom

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 12:56 am
There's a great new cookbook that's just been released called Pesach Sane & Sound: A Comprehensive Cookbook and Planner. It has over 400 recipes in every category (gebroks and non-gebroks) AND it has tons of Pesach planning tips, shopping lists, checklists, etc. etc. etc. AND it has a whole slew of articles and divrei Torah about Pesach. I wish this book was around 20 years ago when I first got married and had no clue how to start 'making Pesach.' The book even has a suggested shopping list for first-timers! A great find.

Last edited by maplemom on Mon, Mar 01 2010, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shalshelet

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 1:03 am
Tamar Ansh's Pesach: Anything's Possible is also a good and healthy one - even for year round.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 25 2010, 10:15 am
Darchei Torah of Detroit has a great Pesach cookbook.

Tila

Post Mon, Jan 10 2011, 9:54 am
PAM REISS!!!!! Amazing passovercookbook!!! get it thro amazon, or her website!! I reccomend it HIGHLY!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics