Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. Ada hass and shari jacobs kgh

amother

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 10:33 am
Need info on this practice- good diagnosticiabs, accessibility, waiting time, and if they are of the more medical model or the holistic/natural mindset? So far met dr jacobs she seems super competent, great bedside manner and very clear. TIA!

Didi

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 12:37 pm
LUV Dr Ada Hass, she was my pediatrician many many many many years ago. She is amazing most knowledgeable doctor around, would have used her for my kids but we live in Israel.

miami85

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 11:28 pm
I've been using them since my older son was born (2.5 years). I've been happy them.

Both are very knowledgeable. Jacobs seems to be there more when I'm available to take them, she has a very nice bedside manner with kids. Hass picked up on something wrong with my baby when most drs. would've dismissed, thus it was taken care of and alls well that ends well. Hass was my pediatrician when they were born and she gave them a very thorough once-over and told us what was normal (most things) and what she wanted to keep an eye on, but very careful to reassure you that you don't have to worry about newborn bumps and bruises. They are very different personalities, but that doesn't bother me

Accessibility, it used be annoying that they had no where to park strollers, but they now have a system in place, to hang strollers.

Holistic/Natural--they have told me that they don't always prescribe antibiotics for ear infections--and they are open to letting it heal itself if it's not clearly bacterial. They give you the option of altering vaccination schedules/breaking up shots--according to your insurance. Though they are very PRO vaccinations.

The Best/Worst of the practice is the wait times--can't get in a quick visit--because they are both thorough and give you the time you need without feeling rushed. It was great when my baby was sick they made sure I was ok until I could make arrangements for my older son when I had to take my baby to the ER. The nurses took care of my older son while I was busy with my baby. (One nurse I'm not so crazy about, but not enough to leave). B"H my kids haven't been sick too often.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 4:57 pm
Thanks-anyone else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics