Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Beis HaChinuch - Monsey
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 9:39 am
Can anyone tell me about Beis HaChinuch in Monsey?

rae

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 10:32 pm
hi, I'm bumping up this question. I would also love to hear any insight regarding Bais HaChinuch. Please somebody!!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 11:27 pm
My brother is there. The school was/is literally a godsend. He has aspergers, is ADHD, in general has trouble learning and concentrating along with a slew of other behavioral issues. It is an AMAZING place. He came there barely able to sit for 20 minutes, had extreme trouble with communicating (ie he would throw a chair across the room rather than say that the chair was too high) and was doing poorly acedemically and socially. Bh he has literally done a 180 deg turn. The school staff is INCREDIBLE. They are professional and well trained but even more than that they all are 100% devoted and help each child out of love. The principal, his teachers and his therapist designed a program for my brother WITH him (not against him like many other schools) that set clear boundaries and limitations but gave him some leeway so it wasn't too restrictive. They implement creative ways for the boys to learn so that most of them that are ADHD and have trouble with textbooks, can stay focused on learning. My brother has gone from being a failing student, with terribly low self esteem and anger issues to a well mannered, responsible young man who is bh doing beautifully in school and at home.
I know I'm sounding like a payed ad, but I cannot express it enough- go for an interview, go talk to the rebbeim and students- see for yourself. It is an exceptional school.

rae

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 7:59 am
Wow, thank you. How old is your brother and when did he start. My son is 12 and his issues started showing up this past year.

gila-rina

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 8:19 am
I see online that this is an elementary school only. Where do the kids go after graduating?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 8:37 am
He is 12 he started there about 4 years ago (after numerous schools and programs). He's had behavioral issues all his life.

As for where they go after- when that time comes well make a decision where to send him. The schools mission though is to give the boys skills and tools to be able to integrate into a mainstream class (job/group etc) and do well.

gila-rina

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 9:46 am
Thanks amother. If anyone else has an answer to my question please chime in. Smile

Violet123

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 4:51 pm
Bumping
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanx

Violet123

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 4:51 pm

Last edited by Violet123 on Sun, Feb 18 2018, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 4:54 pm
I think Rabbi Eisgrau runs it and I have only heard great things about that school. I'm just not sure where the boys go after their Bar Mitzvahs.

Violet123

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 4:55 pm
Thanx

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 5:00 pm
Just wanted to add the school has the financial support from other boys elementary schools as the tuituon doesn't cover the costs.

It is a wonderful program for those that need.

Violet123

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 6:01 pm
What do you mean?
How much is tuition?
That's what is holding us back right now

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 6:09 pm
Violet123 wrote:
What do you mean?
How much is tuition?
That's what is holding us back right now

The people that I know that sent there don't have a dime to their name. I highly doubt they were able to pay any tuition at all. And if they did it was bare, bare minimum. It could be they had someone helping them out. I know that Rabbi Shabes helped them get into the school.
Maybe call Rabbi Eisgrau directly to discuss the possibilities.

Violet123

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 6:48 pm
Thank you
That was very helpful

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 6:51 pm
Violet123 wrote:
Thank you
That was very helpful

It also has been my experience that the boys I know that went there had struggling families financially.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 6:57 pm
I know someone who used to pay tuition for the kids in the school that couldn’t afford to pay anything.

Violet123

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 7:19 pm
So finances shouldn't be a reason not to send. Is that wat you're saying?
My son is in ps and im very unhappy this year

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 7:29 pm
Violet123 wrote:
So finances shouldn't be a reason not to send. Is that wat you're saying?
My son is in ps and im very unhappy this year

I wrote a whole post and then erased it. But I am very shocked to hear people say they work with you for finances. We are very needy and they gave us 50% off but still we had to come up with $20,000 a year for 2 years before we took our son out. They wouldnt budge another penny and believe me, we gave them every document they asked for.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 18 2018, 7:33 pm
amother wrote:
I wrote a whole post and then erased it. But I am very shocked to hear people say they work with you for finances. We are very needy and they gave us 50% off but still we had to come up with $20,000 a year for 2 years before we took our son out. They wouldnt budge another penny and believe me, we gave them every document they asked for.

I don't think the school themselves help with the finances. I think that there are people that had others assist them and take care of that part.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)