Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
My Healthy Eating Blog!

AZmom09

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 3:34 pm
I just started a blog. Check it out!
nowaythatshealthy.blogspot.com

Don't forget to subscribe for posts by email!
Lemme know what you think.

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 4:14 pm
Looks good! You inspired my dinner for tonight! I'll be following.

AZmom09

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 4:19 pm
Yay so glad to hear!

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 04 2013, 6:30 pm
I like the concept but the font is hurting my eyes already. Maybe use it just for titles and subheadings and pick something cleaner for the main bodies of text.

AZmom09

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 8:57 am
Ya I hear that. I was thinking maybe to put the actual recipe in different font. I'm going to play around with different ideas and see. Thanks!

sarachana

Post Wed, Jun 05 2013, 9:37 am
love! but change the font..I had a hard time reading it.

AZmom09

Post Fri, Jun 07 2013, 12:38 am
New post is up! Subscribe to get updated by email about new posts! Tell your friends please!

oliveoil

Post Fri, Jun 07 2013, 12:53 am
The font is really hard to read - play around with it some more and I'm sure it will make for a better reading experience. Great start!

LAmom613

Post Fri, Jun 07 2013, 4:03 am
Your blog looks great! Ill definitely follow it.

I REALLY like how you say you will share general tips on healthy lifestyle, workouts, and post-baby recovery- in addition to just having recipes.

Just a tip- I was just reading this whole article about how the key defining aspect of what makes a blog popular vs not popular is the "personal-ness" of it... ie... sharing as many personal details as you feel comfortable with so the reader feels like they know you, your day, what your kitchen looks like, the overall progression of your day, etc.

In particular, blogs with photos of the blogger tend to be way more appealing. I know I wouldnt want to post a headshot if I had a blog but Ive seen people post pics with sunglasses on, or a pic from behind with a bit of profile... Or if it is a blog about post-baby recovery, maybe just shots from the neck down as you slim down from week to week...

I think ESPECIALLY with a blog all about diet and health, pics like that would be very important.

Good luck!

AZmom09

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 8:00 am
Thanks for all the feedback!
As of now I dont plan to post any pics of myself, I might do some of my kids, but sharing my stories is how I plan to show my personal side.
Tell your friends about the blog!!! thanks!

L25

Post Mon, Jun 10 2013, 3:22 pm
hi. I'm loving your blog. Personally I think it's totally fine not to post pictures of yourself on a blog. I know I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable with it.

A few questions/ comments etc.. since I seem to not be able to post on the blog:
1.I would love recipes that call for "easy" kashrus wise (doesn't need to be checked for me that's a killer) and inexpensive healthy foods.
2.Also if you have links to online venders or even recommendations to chain stores that sell "superfoods" like chia etc for a good price I would love that. I always feel like I don't know where nuts are sold cheapest for example. May be some places would be ok giving a discount to your blog readers if you send people their way and/or a small percentage to you Smile
3. In terms of prepping before- do you also portion control since while I like cooking in advance I find that more goes to waste that way unless it's food that I can freeze like I've been making big soups and freezing some each time to fill my freezer with healthy soups that I can then grab.

Thanks

AZmom09

Post Mon, Jun 10 2013, 3:37 pm
Hi! Thanks for reading! Strange that you can't comment. Maybe there is something I can help you with?
I like all your questions and I will for sure answer them at some point. Wow there really is so much to cover- so exciting! in terms of kashrus- I buy bodek strawberries and blueberries- yes not cheap, but I don't use them often.
I will do a superfoods post and give a link to where I get my products, or at least some of them.
Since I'm not sure I will get to these things so soon I'll answer in short-
you can portion out everything in advance. Ive heard of people portioning out 1/4 cups of brown rice and putting them in the freezer, just take one out at a time per person. For me right now I have just been taking my measuring scoop or eyeballing it and putting it onto my plate. If I ever see that I made too much of something I make a mental note to cook less next time and I throw it in the freezer fast so I can have it for another time.
Thanks again!

AZmom09

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 3:18 pm
Hey everyone, so I'm here for advice. Once I started blogging I didnt realize how many topics there are to cover. So my question is- is it too much to put up a new post on sunday, tues, thurs, and friday?
You see I was going to do tip tuesday (post is up now!) and then fit friday (it was that or workout wednesday)
but of course I also want to fit in recipes.
Maybe I shouldnt do tip tuesday since a lot of my posts are tips anyway? or maybe just do workout wednesday and then fit the recipes and tips the other days or stick to fit friday and do a post monday and wed about anything (recipe, tips whatever..)
What is your advice?
And please share the blog with others!!! The more readers the better and I really have a lot of great posts to come!
nowaythatshealthy.blogspot.com

myself

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 3:45 pm
Have bookmarked your blog. Loving it!

AZmom09

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 11:32 am
Please help publicize my blog. I am sure there are many who can learn from it and would love to have more readers!!!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 1:41 pm
what are your credentials that you think ppl should "learn" from you?

AZmom09

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 1:49 pm
I'm not a dr or certified but ive done enough research to know a lot and ive worked with a health coach who has been to school and has tons of knowledge.
I saw everyone should do their research, but either way there is a lot you can learn about healthy eating on my blog for sure.

L25

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:07 pm
personally I'm enjoying your blog. Not so in to truvia so I just substitute sugar Smile I don't look at the blog for medical advice nor do I feel like you are claiming to be a medical expert. I'm enjoying your yummy recipes and the like. Thanks and keep it up!

AZmom09

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:14 pm
Thanks so much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media