Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Please help me choose a kitchen floor!
Previous  1  2

Simple1

Post Mon, Jun 10 2013, 9:17 pm
A lighter color could work if it is multi-colored/marbelized.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jun 10 2013, 9:41 pm
Simple1 wrote:
A lighter color could work if it is multi-colored/marbelized.

That's what I have now. In theory it should hide dirt well, but because its textured the grime gets stuck. So actually maybe a non textured vinyl would work better.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Jun 10 2013, 10:14 pm
IOW, no floor is perfect!

The porcelain/ceramic is more durable, but harder on baby's heads and dishes.

I was concerned about my baby falling on a hard tile, but, then I thought about Israel. All floors are stone there - are there many more injuries when kids fall on the floor in Israel than in the US??

MaBelleVie, I have vinyl tiles with a textured surface now, and I hate them. Dirt has accumulated in all the craters, and is impossible to remove. Maybe if I'd scrub it on my hands and knees every day. I was looking at the groutable tiles - but only totally smooth ones, no textures at all!

Boni

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 2:15 am
I have a multi-colored dark granit tiles on the kitchen for 5 years alredy and I love it.though it's slippery when it wet. It's very easy to clean and no visible dirt even if it's dirty. Visibly no difference if it's clean or dirty.

asp40

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 7:10 am
I recently replaced my kitchen floor and used a laminate which looks like tile. People come and touch it because it looks so real. I love it. It is easy to clean and is easy on the feet.

etky

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 7:25 am
In Israel we don't have any of the 'soft' coverings like vinyl or linoleum. Recently parquet floors have become available but they are rarely used in the kitchen. So almost all kitchen's here invariably have hard flooring. I never noticed that this affects my feet but I understand that there are special kitchen mats in the States, with gel or something, that are designed to alleviate this type of stress.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 11:19 am
I know this is an old thread, but I noticed that MaBellevie & The Happy Wife both had groutable vinyl tile. I am considering this on my floors and wanted to know how it has held up and if you or anyone else would recommend it. I am most concerned about the scratching or craters as MaBellevie has described them.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 11:46 am
I also have the laminate type of tiles.
They are durable and absolutely gorgeous.
Not vinyl looking at all. ( I do uh ink the material is vinyl though.)

chicco

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 2:30 pm
I would look into LVT, luxury vinyl tile- it come in such a variety of looks (wood, tile, stone, etc), is easy on the feet, easy to clean, and durable. Also if you ever have a problem with one tile it can be replaced easily unlike any other flooring. Don't let the v in LVT scare you. Check it out.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics