Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Playgroup in Boro Park

amother

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 1:09 pm
Im desperately looking for a playgroup in the vicinity of 14 & 46, where you don't need to be on vouchers or daycare to get in. Any info is appreciated.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 1:10 pm
Orgel 46 13/14
Peekaboo Playschool 45 13/14
Ostreicher 48 14/15
Meisels-not sure exactly where I think on 45 and 14?

Do you need it to be licensed? What hours do you need?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 1:18 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Orgel 46 13/14
Peekaboo Playschool 45 13/14
Ostreicher 48 14/15
Meisels-not sure exactly where I think on 45 and 14?

Do you need it to be licensed? What hours do you need?

Thanx for the quick response
Do you have phone numbers for orgel, peekaboo,and meisels?
I would prefer it to be licensed and professional but I don't think I have much of a choice.
Any hours are fine. Im a SAHM but my dd will benefit from the social and constructive time with some friends.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 1:22 pm
Orgel is the only one that's licensed. Her number is 718-438-1825
Peekaboo -Devoiry Silber is 347-666-2758
I don't have Meisels number, I just heard about her from people, I can try to get it.

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 1:22 pm
I send my kids to Morah Nechama on 12th and 44th. She is part of shira headstart, so she's legit. My oldest is 8 and he went there as a baby. My youngest is now 2, and my nephew and niece will be joining him for the summer. She's amazing with the kids and has a great staff.

Her number is 917-497-9557.

She does transportation with a small bus and car seats. She serves hot lunches and snacks. She's nut free.

By the way, kudos for realizing that your child needs interactive play even though you stay at home. I don't have a job either. I feel it is so important for children to be in a social setting.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 2:13 pm
I hate to say this but I send to Morah Nechama this year and would NOT recommend it..... they can use some better teachers.... the teachers are ALWAYS screaming there at the kids, not a clean place at all. The teachers dont speak english correctly there... which does make a differenec because thats what my kid picks up! ANd a lot of other stuff that I will keep to myself.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 2:37 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Orgel is the only one that's licensed. Her number is 718-438-1825
Peekaboo -Devoiry Silber is 347-666-2758
I don't have Meisels number, I just heard about her from people, I can try to get it.

Op here.
I really appreciate it. Can you get Meisels phone number? Thanx

amother

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 2:43 pm
EmesOrNT wrote:
I send my kids to Morah Nechama on 12th and 44th. She is part of shira headstart, so she's legit. My oldest is 8 and he went there as a baby. My youngest is now 2, and my nephew and niece will be joining him for the summer. She's amazing with the kids and has a great staff.

Her number is 917-497-9557.

She does transportation with a small bus and car seats. She serves hot lunches and snacks. She's nut free.

By the way, kudos for realizing that your child needs interactive play even though you stay at home. I don't have a job either. I feel it is so important for children to be in a social setting.

Op here. I couldn't agree with you more. I sent my older one to Mora Nechama a few yrs. ago and was very pleased. This time im looking for something specifically in the 14 avenue neighborhood.

And thanx for understanding. I sometimes feel so stupid about this (especially here on imamother).

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
I hate to say this but I send to Morah Nechama this year and would NOT recommend it..... they can use some better teachers.... the teachers are ALWAYS screaming there at the kids, not a clean place at all. The teachers dont speak english correctly there... which does make a differenec because thats what my kid picks up! ANd a lot of other stuff that I will keep to myself.

Under amother. What else is new.

Always screaming at the kids? I suppose you sit there all day? I go in often enough. Never saw that happen.

Not clean? Well there are children there. I imagine you think the elementary schools are cleaner.

They don't speak English correctly? Dear amother, neither do you. Some of the teachers are Israeli. What's your excuse? Besides, many of them speak in yiddish. There's a mixed group of kids there.

About the other stuff you'll keep to yourself - why hold back, O Cowardly Amother? Please, let it all out. You'll feel so much better.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 2:48 pm
amother wrote:
I hate to say this but I send to Morah Nechama this year and would NOT recommend it..... they can use some better teachers.... the teachers are ALWAYS screaming there at the kids, not a clean place at all.

Unless things have recently changed this was not the case when my dc was there.

amother wrote:
The teachers dont speak english correctly there... which does make a differenec because thats what my kid picks up! ANd a lot of other stuff that I will keep to myself.

Its not like your kid picks it up forever. Children learn to talk like their parents. And at that point we thought it was REALLY cute.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 4:28 pm
I sent to Morah Nechama at one point and was happy. I heard negative things recently, similar to what the above amother wrote. As far as I know, Morah Nechama is aware of it and got new teachers recently.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 9:19 am
Cookies n Cream wrote:

Is this the one on 44 bet 13&14?
Do you know anyone that send there? Im looking into it and I want good recommendations.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 9:28 am
amother wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:

Is this the one on 44 bet 13&14?
Do you know anyone that send there? Im looking into it and I want good recommendations.

I'm also interested. Do you have the phone number?
What are the hours? How much do they charge?
TIA

flowerpower

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 11:28 am
The Weekly Link is loaded with them.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 1:12 pm
flowerpower wrote:
The Weekly Link is loaded with them.

Thanx for the info. I just made a couple of phone calls. They basically all take vouchers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics