Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Am I the ONLY "last minute" person here?
1  2  Next

lotte

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 2:11 pm
I am so last minute in everything in life that it is driving me crazy!I dont know how and if I can change that.
I do have a very busy life B"h but I just realized that Purim is coming..really soon. LOL
I haven't even gone to the stores to see what baskets thay sell.I have done nothing for Purim so far!We will end up having everything as we always do but my heart will be beating so fast!
Am I the only one?Please tell me I am not!

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 2:15 pm
NO - I do things better and quicker - last minute - always have and always will - I make my hamantash on tanis esther - I cook shop & clean on fri - I was born late - whadda want - eh? What

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 2:15 pm
I haven't started thinking about MM yet. Maybe I'll get stuff this Sunday.

lotte

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 2:30 pm
greenfire wrote:
NO - I do things better and quicker - last minute - always have and always will - I make my hamantash on tanis esther - I cook shop & clean on fri - I was born late - whadda want - eh? What

green ,it's funnt cause I ALWAYS ask my mother if I was born late... LOL

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 4:12 pm
Nah, I'm a Yekke by nature.

withhumor

Post Sat, Feb 24 2007, 8:34 pm
I’m such a hyper-organized person because of how I was brought up. Every time I was the cholent pot like erev (next) shabbos, it feels like a silent rebellion… lol.

On the other hand though, I handle stress well so if someone calls the last minute that they’re coming for shabbos, I cope perfectly fine. I know other women who start tearing down walls and go insane because they insist they won’t have enough fish… It’s in our power to make ourselves what we want to be. What do YOU want to be?

ChavieK

Post Sat, Feb 24 2007, 8:48 pm
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hasn't started yet!!

Dini

Post Sat, Feb 24 2007, 8:54 pm
I used to do things last min b/c I'm just not an organized person I do things on impulse if I try to be organized I get nervouse and bored. but I just hate the stress so b4 purim and pesach I force myself to start doing things earlier. Anyway ten if you get e/th done whats the big deal? the thing w/ me is that not e/th gets done.

mannyzmom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 3:55 am
I am a very last minute person about everything. dont worry, I also didnt plan or buy anything for purim yet includint mm, costumes... we re planning to go shopping for this on monday. I am also a major procrastinator (sp?) when it comes to everything!

elmofood

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 4:30 am
Anyone here of the song "a wing and a prayer" yep thats me. I always fee like I am holding on for dear life. I guess I work well under pressure. purim is not even near ready. oh well

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 4:57 am
there is a saying "if it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done"

yedidya's mom

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 8:01 pm
I am a little ocd about preparing. my dh thinks im crazy that I need to have most of shabbos cooked by thursday nite. but I have 2 little kids to take care of and I never know whats going to be- cant rely on having my friday to prepare.
I started early w. purim bec. we will be abt 18 ppl at the seuda and I want to be able to enjoy myself on purim day rather than rushing last minute. un fortunately my freezer is full so I cant cook anymore...

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 11:07 pm
the only way I get anything done is if I do it at the last minute. I work best under pressure

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 12:00 am
I'm usually a last minute person too, but I am improving. amazingly, all but my dh costumes are done (mostly sewn by me), shalach manos is decided on and only cookies must be baked, the packaging is bought and the poem written. seuda is not yet thought of-I'm hoping for an invite.................

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 8:05 am
I am such a last minute person and my husband was brought up in a yekish house hold with a capital Y. I am the procrastinator with the capital P. we have difficulties finding a middle ground there:)

but I am working on it since we have been married.

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 8:13 am
Hey teneleven -
I AM quite organized and DO work ahead of time and even then I drive myself, so whereas your heart beats quickly only at the last minute, my heart beats quickly for weeks ahead of time!

lotte

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 8:26 am
downsyndrome wrote:
Hey teneleven -
I AM quite organized and DO work ahead of time and even then I drive myself, so whereas your heart beats quickly only at the last minute, my heart beats quickly for weeks ahead of time!

down- LOL

happy2beme

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 9:46 am
I'm last minute about EVERYTHING except purim!!! Smile

I just love it too much, I like planning & thinking about it early

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 9:49 am
DefyGravity wrote:
I haven't started thinking about MM yet. Maybe I'll get stuff this Sunday.

I still haven't done anything yet!!!!
I think I'm just going to give people a bottle of beer and a little bag of pretzels or peanuts. I already have beer, I just need to purchase some pretzels or peanuts. Or both.

mirisimma

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 9:59 am
hmmm.. a week in advanced is last minute? try this: few years ago we had somewhere between 20-40 ppl for purim (that was the number I was told "somewhere between 20-40 people"...) I cooked the whole thing that morning. you know, baked fish, few baked chickens, some roasted potatos garlic bread and salad. oh! I made dessert in advaced and I bought all the stuff for shaloch manos WAY before shkiya taanis ester. so I guess I did some stuff in advaced Smile then again, I have my "yeckish" "ocd" moments as well.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics