Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Left parve "dairy" products out overnight... wwyd?

lavender_dew

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 7:00 pm
I accidentally left out some containers of parve cream cheese and parve sour cream when I got home from shopping. They were out overnight. Would you still use it?

I know margarine doesn't really need refrigeration, and I checked the ingredients of this stuff and it all sounds equally processed and artificial. If it were dairy it wouldn't even be a question, but this I'm not so sure. Doesn't help I had to drive over an hour just to buy this stuff. Sad

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 7:08 pm
Were they in a refrigerated area in the store? Does it say "keep refrigerated" or "refrigerate after opening" on the package? Can you look up the brand online to see what their website recommends?

lavender_dew

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 7:16 pm
They are Tofutti brand, and they were refrigerated. Their website doesn't have info about this topic, at least not that I could find.

penguin

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 8:08 pm
I'd use up fast but I don't think I'd throw it out if it didn't smell or taste off.

Yogurt I have left out overnight. also soy pudding. and lived to tell the tale.

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Jun 14 2013, 9:05 am
I have left those items out so many times I can't even count. it will be fine. they don't go bad easily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen