Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Looking to Help or Volunteer

ChaiAhava

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 11:27 am
Hi, I am new to imamother and have recently relocated to Brooklyn. I am not busy right now and am looking to help someone who is in need. I am good with children and adults with special needs. I can help children ADHD with focusing and finding stability, or help older adults who are alone with company or run small errands. I am not doing this for money, this is just to help. I have a B.A. in Psychology and it has been a personal lifelong interest of mine to help others and understand the mind. So it will also help me in my search in understanding how to help in a meaningful way. I don't believe in many of the treatment methodologies of modern psychology or psychiatry, I feel that they often categorize individuals and label them with disorders leading others to think that these disorders define the person. I believe there is no such thing as disorder and that 'disorder' is simply a challenge given by Hashem for the individual to overcome. I believe there are very simple natural solutions that are usually overlooked and I also think it is impossible to make insights into oneself without suffering and children and adults with special needs have the capacity to be greater than average because of their hardships.

If anyone is interested please pm me.

gitty6

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:03 pm
Anyone know of volunteer work; possibly one day a week? I would like to do office work for a chesed organization (bookkeeping, computers, phone....). I currently work in an office and would take off one day a week to do chesed.

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 5:31 pm
for keeping people company and running errands, why not call a local bikur cholim and ask what they need?
for phone stuff just call up organizations you're interested in and ask if they have a need for this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)