Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Were your twins "natural"? spinoff of govt help fo
1  2  3  Next

Were your twins conceived naturally or with treatments?
Fraternal twins conceived with fertility treatments  
 31%  [ 14 ]
Fraternal twins conceived completely naturally  
 48%  [ 22 ]
Identical twins conceived completely naturally  
 20%  [ 9 ]
Identical twins conceived with fertility treatments (well 1 embryo implanted yet ended up with 2!)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 45

busydev

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 12:42 pm
obviously this will be a very skewed poll since there are only so many people on this site.... but I was wondering.

For those who have twins...

Were they conceived naturally or with fertility treatments? are they fraternal or identical?

by treatments I mean anything. clomid, IVF, IUI, or any other medication that would make a body produce more then one egg.

thank you

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 1:12 pm
I am pregnant right now with naturally-conceived fraternals. Still in the first trimester and davening that they will both be OK. I'm the OP of the "anyone else pregnant with twins" thread in the Pregnancy forum.

mandr

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 1:13 pm
I answered for my sister because she has twins (I don't).

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 1:16 pm
I have identical twins which is 1 in 250 births
identical twins happen by chance without fertility drugs

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 1:18 pm
when people ask my friend if her twins were natural she says no they are plastic.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 1:19 pm
I'm not voting in the poll because I don't have twins, but if it interests you.....

My MIL A"H was a fraternal twin. She also has brothers who are fraternal twins. And also triplet siblings.

Their family B"AH was single, double, tripple, single, double. All concieved naturally.

And not a single set of twins in the next generation so far....lots of grandchildren B"AH K"Y, no multiples.

A dead giveaway to any cousins out there on imamother, so I'll post anonymously.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
when people ask my friend if her twins were natural she says no they are plastic.

If I ever have twins I'm using that line.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 2:26 pm
I have fraternal twins conceived with fertility treatments. I also have a singleton conceived with fertility treatments and a singleton who was a surprise. No one would ever guess I had help as my kids are all very close together and I was very young when I had them.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:

dont worry a lot of people ask me silly questions also like, are they girls, even though they are wearing hot pink coats.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:13 pm
Can I vote for all the people I know who have twins?
Quite a few were taking Mega Milk for nursing their previous one when they conceived...(naturally?)

One woman I know already had a set of twins when she naturally conceived triplets (two identical and one not)

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:14 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
amother wrote:

dont worry a lot of people ask me silly questions also like, are they girls, even though they are wearing hot pink coats.

Hey you know, some people dress their boys in hand me down girls' clothing. I have fraternal twin sisters and someone commented that they don't even look like brother and sister - and the 'brother' was wearing a frilly girls' bathing suit and earrings.

busydev

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:31 pm
amother wrote:
Quite a few were taking Mega Milk for nursing their previous one when they conceived...(naturally?)

One woman I know already had a set of twins when she naturally conceived triplets (two identical and one not)

no it wont count cause your telling me about a "woman you know" (or women in this case. see the last couple pages of the govt help for twins thread for clarification) Also what spurred me write this post was someone saying that you dont KNOW they were natural. maybe they were lying or taking clomid. I dont buy it... but thats what was said so you can only vote for yourself.

and I know identical twins are not caused from treatments... but it would be interesting/cool if someone where to have treatments and end up with identical twins.

I did put natural in quotes since I have heard that line before lol.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:50 pm
busydev wrote:
amother wrote:

no it wont count cause your telling me about a "woman you know" (or women in this case. see the last couple pages of the govt help for twins thread for clarification) Also what spurred me write this post was someone saying that you dont KNOW they were natural. maybe they were lying or taking clomid. I dont buy it... but thats what was said so you can only vote for yourself.

and I know identical twins are not caused from treatments... but it would be interesting/cool if someone where to have treatments and end up with identical twins.

I did put natural in quotes since I have heard that line before lol.

OK Smile

Two things that are making natural twins more common these days is that the percentages of conceiving twins increase if one becomes pregnant while nursing or over 40. These days we're having many more of both!

Raisin

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 4:28 pm
did anyone else hear of mirror image twins? I know a set of twins who are identical (n looks) and the mother told me they are mirror image twins. This means one is right handed, the other left handed, etc.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:17 pm
20 percent of identical twins one is left handed and one is right handed

mandr

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:17 pm
I like this one. When my sister had twins, a girl and a boy, people were like:

First question: What did she have?
Me: A girl and a boy.
Second question: Are they identical?

tissues

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:20 pm
mandr wrote:

OR
While still pregnant: What gender are they?
Woman: We're not saying.
Friend: So just tell me, are they the same gender?
Woman: No. And I'm not saying!

Last edited by tissues on Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:32 pm
Actually, I believe that there is an increased chance of identical twins when you do IVF with ICSI. I know of this happening to several women on a twin board I used to be on.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:33 pm
tissues wrote:
mandr wrote:

OR
While still pregnant: What gender are they?
Woman: We're not saying?
Friend: So just tell me, are they the same gender?
Woman: No. And I'm not saying!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:37 pm
my brother has identical twin boys that were conceived after quite a few fertility treatments (but first one that worked!)
They even shared a sack!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more