Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What's with the Kate Middleton obsession???
1  2  3  Next

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 11:34 pm
Seriously!! Every time this woman blinks, there's a new yahoo article about it, and how it probably is related to her fabulous pregnancy (with a quote from a noted OBGYN about how pregnancy often causes excessive blinking). And then I go on to read the comments (I get bored sometimes, don't judge) and every single commenter seems to be just so in love with her- and I don't get it! For what? What does anyone really know about her?
I mean, all this time, has anyone ever heard her speak?? Ever?? She could have a southern drawl, and no one would know. And yet she's one of the most idolized women on the planet! For the record, I have nothing against her- I'm just trying to wrap my mind around how in love people seem to be with her, when all they know is that she apparently had a rough first trimester, and looks good with a pair of heels and a pearl necklace. Oh yes and has a sister Pippa.
Can anyone explain this?

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 11:37 pm
Oh yes, her pregnancy is dragging on forever, like 16 months? Not worthy

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 11:37 pm
You do realize she's royalty, and gorgeous/glamorous to boot? She's not just a random person.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 11:43 pm
I love her. I don't know why. My mother loved, LOVED Princess Diana and so I grew up with it I guess.

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 11:43 pm
Dancing queen, you related? Wink

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 11:48 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
You do realize she's royalty, and gorgeous/glamorous to boot? She's not just a random person.

Yes I realize, but she's not just a celebrity. People wax poetic about her character- how classy and together she is... give me a royal clothing budget and I can dress the same way. Is that all it takes now to win the favor of the world? A good blow out and a shift dress?

bamamama

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 1:01 am
groovy1224 wrote:
dancingqueen wrote:

Yes I realize, but she's not just a celebrity. People wax poetic about her character- how classy and together she is... give me a royal clothing budget and I can dress the same way. Is that all it takes now to win the favor of the world? A good blow out and a shift dress?

You forgot being sweet and keeping your mouth shut when it counts. Princess Di and Sarah Ferguson were different. I love(d) them for their moxy but Will seems such a sweet and classy man (unlike Charles who was already cheating when he got married though his work with sustainable and livable communities has made me think better of him) - I'm happy to admire Kate's public image as sweet and classy.

RachelB

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 2:06 am
I thinks it's more of a modern day Cinderella story that fascinates people. You can be a regular girl, marry a prince and become a queen someday. Don't girls still dream about it?
And yes, thinking about it, I've never heard her utter a single word.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 2:13 am
I guess since the British public is bankrollng her lavish lifestyle, they feel entitled to get a little celebrity gossip in return.

Besides, she's presumably giving birth to the future King or Queen of England, so I guess that's pretty exciting.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 2:27 am
She seems nice and intelligent and dresses fine.

Apart from that, I really don't get it. I would not describe her as gorgeous, glamourous or anything of sort. Royalty, yeah she married into a royal family. So what, there are many!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 3:00 am
I'm not "in love" with her, but I like her quite a bit. She's all over my "Modest Fashion" board on Pinterest (along with Grace Kelley, who I adore).

chocolate fondue

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 3:57 am
Why do ppl get obsessed with any celebrity?

As celebrities go, at least Kate is married, faithful to her husband, intelligent, dresses nicely without being over the top and is about to produce an heir to the throne. And is quite attractive.

Yes, there are many ppl who married into the royal family, but only a couple who are future Queens. (Give it about 30/40 years)

Personally I'm not obsessed with her, but I find it interesting to read about her. I think it's funny; she's a year older than me and expecting her first, while I'm expecting my seventh!

cool_mama

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 4:06 am
She is always dressed nicely and behaves like a royal! She is a good rolemodel for every celebrity to dress "beznius" in their standard

freidasima

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 4:49 am
who cares?!

sarahd

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 5:05 am
Ruchel wrote:
She seems nice and intelligent and dresses fine.

Apart from that, I really don't get it. I would not describe her as gorgeous, glamourous or anything of sort. Royalty, yeah she married into a royal family. So what, there are many!

Very few that are as glamorous or interesting as the House of Windsor.

Most women here don't remember the hoopla around Diana when she was expecting William. It was almost as bad, except there was no internet so there were only new stories once a day instead of once an hour.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 5:31 am
I don't have anything for/against Windsor, but to me they are nothing special, as are other royal families. What

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 9:11 am
If only we knew which womb moshiach was growing in, we would have (had) the yentish gossip about his mother non-stop...

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 9:40 am
Kim Kardashian is a celebrity, Princess Kate is royalty. A public figure.
In Amsterdam and Sweden they also go on about the princess and kings there.
She dresses modestly, she is pretty, she is classy and stylish.

I have heard her talk, she has a soft perfect english accent (not squeaky like the queen) and she is all round pretty perfect.
This is besides the fact she is carrying the future king or queen.

At least people should have one decent person to look up to as oppose to victoria beckham, cheryl cole or kim kardashian.

Funniest thing is that when I moved to America I would tell my mother the headlines about Kate from here but now she is pregnant there is just as much hype in England. I find it fun.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 10:17 am
She restores something that was lost.

Yes, it's a royal pity she had to wait so long, to be having her first so late. But that is part of her story's brave charm.

No. It's not just being pretty and having a big budget. Or even the royal name. She's got something else.

Me, I love her.

rosenbal

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 10:31 am
She really seems to have class and the British seem to love their royals. At least they want to love them, but some of them have been quite embarrassing! I think they're really happy to have someone classy (and pretty obviously) to bestow their pride and admiration on. She's a symbol to them. Remember when princess Di died? It was definitely a bigger deal than when a regular celebrity dies.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics