Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Annoyed with vendor

amother

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 8:52 pm
I saw an ad for a frum food vendor now selling sweets and figured I'd put in an order for Purim to try her out. Well, almost a week after my order, she emailed me to say she had received payment but had no record of my order and could I tell her what I had ordered on her website.

So I emailed her back with what I had ordered and that I hadn't done anything strange--I had just used her website ordering process and followed the instructions and paid as it told me to via paypal.

Then she emailed back that I owed her more money because her site's calculation was off by about $2! I feel it's pretty petty and given that her site made some kind of mistake both in taking the order and properly processing it (not to mention in basic addition apparently), she should write it off. I figure halachically I owe her the money so I did pay, but unless her goods are really spectacular I would never use her again or recommend her.

Am I off the wall here and being snitty? I mean, she is in business, her website had issues, she still hasn't dealt with the actual order a week after I placed it, she hasn't made a single apology for my extra time, etc, and she asked for an extra $2 above what her website itself charged me.

posting anonymously in case everyone feels I'm in the wrong here and so as not to give away any details that could identify the other party in a way that would constitute loshon hara

Alef Bais

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 8:55 pm
I don't think you're in the wrong at all! I've found many Jewish businesses' customer service leaves much to be desired. If only there was a way to get them to shape up...

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 9:02 pm
they should have definately been mentchlich and just given you off the $2 - and sent your order immediately - how petty!!!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 3:15 pm
she prob can't - she prob has a teeny profit margain.

shayna82

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 3:33 pm
wether she has a teeny profit margin or not shouldnt be the issue. the issue is, is she gonna do her best to make you the potential second time customer happy with the service. charging you another two bucks after things were already messed up , sounds to me as a big fat F in the customer satisfaction department.

I also have a small profit margin, but when someone has a problem, I tkae care of it, no matter if im loosing out or not. if I messed up, or even if it didnt mess up, I owe to the customer to make her happy!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 4:24 pm
Not e/o is willing to do that!

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 11:56 pm
in the end they lose out when they dont get repeat customers

mumoo

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 12:00 am
chocolate moose wrote:

the ones that are willing are the successful ones

amother

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 12:19 am
My husband is the Rav for a shul in a small Jewish community a good several hours from any major Jewish community and thus we do a lot by mail order, including meat, baked goods, chanukah gelt, hametaschen, special products, etc. Let me tell you, if a vendor is straight with me, they will have me as their customer for life! If not, I will certainly not order from them again!
I think its real chutzpah to charge an extra two dollars like that. I had an issue with a stroller order I had put it on tinyride.com. I had ordered the 2006 Inglesina Zippy in December, because it would be cheaper than the 2007. A few weeks later it still hadnt arrived so I called up and as it turns out, they ran out of their 2006 Zippys, but since I had ordered the 2006 and waited so long they gave me the 2007 one at the 2006 price and shipped it right away. Now THAT is customer service!

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 9:37 am
the first time I asked a fruit store in flatbush if my order could be delivered, they said yes-even though their minimum was $20 and this was about $11 worth. well, let me tell you, as my family grew, my orders got way bigger and they benefitted from delivering my small order that first time.

I even try to go there whenever I am back in bklyn.

so whoever this vendor is, she is not going to do well unless she shapes up and remembers 'the customer comes first"

shayna82

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 9:44 am
mumoo wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:

the ones that are willing are the successful ones

I agree. its the companies that people grumble about that dont make it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette