Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Favorite kitchen item
1  2  Next

Rivk

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 1:52 pm
What's your favorite kitchen item, tool, or gadget? I've been using a hand blender a lot recently to make baby food and I've come to love it!

supermom

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 2:11 pm
hmm my favorate is someone else cooking and cleaning up the kitchen for me. Very Happy that is my favorate tool, gadget, and what not.

1stimer

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 3:01 pm
The door to close it? (we don't have one though)

seriously though, it is the freezer. I LOVE cooking for the freezer. dh hates it coz it stays there for a long time, coz I'm always saving it for a rainy day LOL

smile

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 3:55 pm
my waterkettle. I always boil up water with it for my cooking. Goes much quicker then a pot on the stove.

queenie

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 8:53 pm
I have two. The first is the instant hot water tap. It instantly heats up water to 190 degrees. It's not boiling point but it's hot enough for tea and coffee (although some people really like boiling water.) You can use it on Yom Tov too. I always fill up a pot with instant hot water before making noodles or anything that needs boiling water.

I also love the insinkerator - the garbarge disposal. It significantly reduces the amount of garbage I have when cooking.

RedVines

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 9:40 pm
I love love love my bread machine! I make fresh bread in it in just an hour. Plus if I dont feel like my a ton of challah one week, it makes challah dough....It really is great and makes the house smell yummy!

Sunshine

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 10:09 pm
mommyoftwo wrote:
I love love love my bread machine! I make fresh bread in it in just an hour. Plus if I dont feel like my a ton of challah one week, it makes challah dough....It really is great and makes the house smell yummy!

What company breadmaker do you have? How long have you had it? Does it look like it is holding up well? How often do you use it in one week? Sorry for asking so many questions but I am thinking about getting one and want to know if it is a good investment.

RedVines

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 10:15 pm
Toastmaster.

I use it all the time, 3/4 times a month!!!! I have had it for over a year. It is holding up great!

Its great to add fresh, warm bread to a meal and you can add all the ing. the night before and set a timer. I love it, I sound like a commercial!

I do have to tell you it doesnt make a ton, One little loaf is enough for one breakfast (a couple of slices per person)

Sunshine

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 10:27 pm
So if I eat bread for lunch everday and sometimes for breakfast I need to make 2 loaves a day? Is it very filling bread or the fluffy sova bread? How long do you think it would last making 2 breads every day?

RedVines

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 10:47 pm
Making two loaves should be good...I cut it pretty thick though,yes very filling...

Tefila

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 12:38 am
My dishwasher, don't know what I would do w/hout it 8)

supermom

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 3:07 am
with all those guest I wouldn't be surprised freilich

Tefila

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 9:40 am
Quote:
I also love the insinkerator - the garbarge disposal

Queenie Trying to work it out since by us it's called a garberator, and nope I don't like it. Lost and bent stuff that was not garbage embarrassed

queenie

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 3:53 pm
freilich wrote:
Quote:
I also love the insinkerator - the garbarge disposal

Queenie Trying to work it out since by us it's called a garberator, and nope I don't like it. Lost and bent stuff that was not garbage embarrassed

I am trying to figure out what you mean. Do you mean you lost stuff in the garbage disposal? What got bent? I have had one for over 30 years and have never "bent" anything in it.

I think my husband loves it more than me bc after I finish cooking he takes out the garbage. I put anything I can down there. Just not banana peels, celery, chicken fat and bones. I mean, where do you throw out leftover veg soups with noodles?

Tefila

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 3:56 pm
Queenie uh I've bent two spoons down there almost lost someones ring. It's not supposed to happen b/c there's a thing migig there thats supposed to prevent accidents, but w/h me anything is possible 8) Anyway chicken bones and fat I don't put down there, nor banana peels! But yes Everything else incl left over noodle veg soup!!

deedee

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 5:10 pm
Quote:
I've been using a I've been using a hand blender a lot recently to make baby food and I've come to love it!

I use the same thing and its great!!! it purees like no other machine I have used. I also use it to blend my smoothies. it goes through frozen fruit like water.
my fav machines are bread machine and (G-d bless the) dishwasher!

queenie

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 8:55 pm
Who here has two dishwashers (and I don't mean you and your husband?)haha

I must admit, I do have a pair of tongs in a drawer next to the sink that I have used to fish out a spoon or two but it's not because I have dropped them in, but I won't mention who did. I am sure we can all guess....

supermom

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 2:53 am
my parents have two dishwashers and I think it was the best invention a person could have made next from a washing machine, dryer, and toilet.

proudmom

Post Tue, May 24 2005, 6:01 pm
my favoirite kitchen item is my pressure cooker.

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Jun 17 2005, 2:33 am
queenie wrote:
I have two. The first is the instant hot water tap. It instantly heats up water to 190 degrees. It's not boiling point but it's hot enough for tea and coffee (although some people really like boiling water.) You can use it on Yom Tov too. .

Queenie, I also love my instant hot. It probably would be my favorite too. However, about using it on YomTov, I'm certain my Rav told me I could NOT use it on YomTov. Maybe there are different kinds?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen