Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Cookies with no white flour and sugar

happyone

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 4:07 pm
Any ideas for cookies without white flour and sugar?

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 4:08 pm
I don't have an exact recipe, but I've made oatmeal cookies with splenda.

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 11:00 pm
defy- do you have that recipe yet, perhaps?

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 11:07 pm
ChossidMom has a recipe for Low Fat Oatmeal Cookies made with Splenda. I also subsituted spelt flour for the white flour, and added choco chips. It was really good.

miichal

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 1:38 am
a bit off topic but I just discovered something called agave which is a natural sweetner with a low glycemic index (GI) which means it takes longer to be digested by the body and does not cause the high's and lows of sugar (approriate for diabetics) its delicious, its a syrup and its much better for you then sugar or any of these chemical based artificial sweetners. I made my challah with it this week and they came out delicious!

willow

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 1:44 am
I have also used agave in my baking and its delicious. I don't use sugar substitutes when baking. I want healthy and sugar free not chemically laden. In my Challah I only use Honey. I will use naturally fruit juices, dried or fresh fruit and applesauce in baking . Obviously its not as sweet as sugar but you can always add more. I would post some of my recipes but I am not a cookbook kind of gal. I kinda throw things in and usually people really enjoy them.

willow

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 1:49 am
I just want to add that if you just don't want the sugar because of the calories, there are plenty of splenda etc recipes to be found. Or you can use a regular recipe and just substitute it. Its really not a big deal.

proud_mama

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 11:03 am
On Tisha B'av I made the low fat oatmeal cookies found on this site, I used only applesauce and no oil, I used whole wheat flour instead of white, I did use real sugar cuz I didnt have splenda, but they are apsolutely delicious, the kids love them

earthmama

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 5:56 am
I bake with blackstrap molasses all the time,not appropriate for all recipes and its a subtler sweetness than sugar.anyone want a great recipe for oatmeal cookies with no sugar?even Dh approves and hes not off sugar like me.

HooRYou

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 6:03 am
I used to bake with maple syrup and mashed fruit (like bananas or applesauce). Now if I make something it is with juice concentrate. Wither way it was kind of wing it instead of recipes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins