Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What diet helped YOU lose weight?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 10:59 am
What is the hcg diet and how does it work?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
What is the hcg diet and how does it work?

I am only familiar with the homeopathic HCG called Trim You (formerly Ketomist) and I've posted a lot of information about which I will refer you to. Read the links then let me know if you have any questions.

Read my paid ad here at Lose Weight Quickly & Easily, and read the additional information in this thread HCG Diet Help.

The correct link to Trim You Spray is now: http://trimyouspray.com/cmd.php?af=1205831 which is where you can purchase it if you'd like. Download the free eBook there written by Dr. Simeons who originated the HCG protocol. Note that there are some differences in the food plan because Trim You is homeopathic (such as no coffee is allowed and vegetables are unlimited in quantities at each meal as long as you only eat the allowed ones and don't mix them).

If you'd like you can email me at chicagobubby@comcast.net with any questions.

Undefined

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 12:42 pm
HCG works, I did it twice, but both times all the weight came back! Have you others been able to keep it off? It's not easy and only worth it if you can keep it off, there's a maintenance plan to keep it off, but that part didn't work for me, it seemed the only to keep it off was to hardly eat ever again.

momfrombrooklyn

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 1:00 pm
I find the most effective and doable diet is no white flour or sugar. Eat protein (chicken, dairy etc.), vegetables, a little fruit.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 1:07 pm
Everything ive read about the hcg diet says it isnt safe and the weight comes back...

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 1:07 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I've lost @ 11 pounds since february using my fitness pal. (am 5'5, now 144. started at 155.) that's about half a pound a week, tho that last pound took five weeks.

(if I wrote about this earlier in the thread, I apologize. it's late and I'm exhausted)

basically, 1200 calories a day, and I built in a cheat day. (shabbos, of course). and yoga three times a week, part of which are difficult enough to become cardio.

I'm doing well at this calorie level, and have managed to factor in a glass of wine with dinner.

good luck!

Come join us at MFP. I aim for 1200 also. It has been working for me. I lose about a lb a week on average. MFP is like any tool. It works if it is used correctly.

ettilou

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 6:17 pm
For me, the only way I lost my baby weight after my last 3 was the low glycemic diet. It's really a way of life. Meet with a nutrionist, and keep up the exercise. I lost 20-30 pounds each time. It wasn't easy, but it was something I could live with. Also, I stopped baking challah because there was no way I could refrain from eating a piece, or 7 javascript:emoticon('Very Happy'). Also, I only bring in the house the nosh that doesn't appeal to me, and diet candy for when I need a treat. Also, I started eating cholov stam more because sooo many more products were available that way. Good luck !!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 6:37 pm
Ok I took the plunge and got MFP. How can I add you ladies?

ettilou

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 8:31 pm
What's MFP ?? Let me know how you can add me, add I'm new on here and don't know how everything works yet.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 21 2013, 9:17 pm
mfp is a different website. not sure if yael wants us talking about it on the board.

you can pm me though

pabambi

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 7:35 pm
people who are on the no flour no sugar. I saw a nutritionist last week cuz I would love for the scale to go down about 10 pounds (number when I got married). I know that the number on scale now is a lot of muscle cuz I am good fit shape, do weights, training for half marathon and had personal trainer but still think I can be skinnier. the nutritionist said its possible if I cut out sugar.
but she didn't give me options/recipes/replacements ideas of what to eat. I feel like everything has sugar. all sauces...
who can help me with things to eat, recipes...menus, snacks/

ettilou

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 7:47 am
As for recipes with no white sugar, sometimes, I replaced Splenda for the sugar. I tried fructose, but got terrible stomach aches. Othertimes, I'll buy already made products without sugar. I have found, that for me, there is usually some product made sugar free that I can buy to replace the product I want that contains sugar. You just need to look for it. Watch labels, often when they take sugar out they replace the missing taste with added fat. Nothing will ever be perfect, but you can find a happy medium. Good luck.

mandksima

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 9:10 am
ettilou wrote:
As for recipes with no white sugar, sometimes, I replaced Splenda for the sugar. I tried fructose, but got terrible stomach aches. Othertimes, I'll buy already made products without sugar. I have found, that for me, there is usually some product made sugar free that I can buy to replace the product I want that contains sugar. You just need to look for it. Watch labels, often when they take sugar out they replace the missing taste with added fat. Nothing will ever be perfect, but you can find a happy medium. Good luck.

Please read up about Splenda. It has been proven to be very harmful and I am surprised your nutritionist said that was a good thing to eat (or maybe she didn't??) Fats (at least good kinds) are not the enemy - sugar and artificial sweeteners really are the culprits for making Americans obese. The only way to lose weight permanantly and stay healthy is to go off the processed foods that contain sugar and artificial replacements. Think about it, America has been drinking diet sodas for the past decade or two and has only become more obese. Even those trying to lose weight find a very difficult process because just replacing sugar with splenda will cut out calories but make sugar cravings worse.
dangers of Splenda

pabambi

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 9:18 am
I just feel without sauces and things food will b boring

bamamama

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 9:49 am
pabambi wrote:
I just feel without sauces and things food will b boring

Why does a sauce have to be sweet? There's also evidence that artificial sweeteners make your body think it's eating sugar anyway so produces a similar type of sugar-cycle that reg sugar does.

You can do lots with different spices. Maybe see if you can get some Indian or Middle Eastern cookbooks to use those spices to help make your food less boring.

mandksima

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 10:44 am
You can definitely widen your variety of spices and find sauces that don't use white sugar. A little 100% date honey can sweeten sauces up as well as a few dried apricots (soak in hot water and blend just like dates.) Lemon, garlic and fresh herbs can be so tasty on chicken and meat as a marinade and then grilled with a grill pan. Fresh/frozen ginger is so yummy with a little soy sauce is Chinese style. Curries if you like them. So many choices.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 11:16 am
try green coffee bean extract! I havent tried it yet, but tons of people say it works. you just take it 30 minutes before your meal.
good luck!

amother

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 12:37 pm
I also did the homeopathic HCG diet and that's the only thing that's worked for me (and quickly).
Good luck!

http://trimyouspray.com/cmd.php?af=1346617

Btw my sister just did the actual HCG shots and she looks amazing! The thought of the shots freak me out though.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 2:03 pm
is it true that while on the hcg spray, you can only eat 300 calories a day?? if that is true, then why do the spray? You can lost a ton eating that little...never mind the unhealthy aspect of it. Again...not bashing, only asking because this is what I've heard.

Zaj

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 6:26 pm
My whole life my weight was like a yoyo. I found a nutritional cleaning program and finally lost weight. The only challenges r shabbosim but im so determined to feel good in my own skin that I generally stick with it. I also have a great coach which is good for me cause I need someone to keep me in check. Private message me if ur interested.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise