Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Strawberry Squares.

dee's mommy

Post Sat, Jul 20 2013, 11:47 pm
I just made this for Shabbos, and I thought I would share it with you. It's easy to make, and delicious. You can use any pie filling flavour. I did have to double the recipe in order to use up an entire can of pie filling. Click on the link for the pictures, because they are helpful to look at.

Also, one change I made was that instead of butter, I used oil. (1/4 of a cup plus two tablespoons.)

Enjoy:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/201......html

Strawberry Squares

Sweet baked treats baked with strawberry pie filling, then topped with powdered sugar.

These come from the Magnolia Bakery cookbook...I recently saw this posted on My Kitchen Adventure, and when I saw she calculated the points and they were only 3 points each, I knew I had to make these. My only change was swapping out the cherry pie filling for strawberry filling, but any pie filling would work.

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup canned strawberry pie filling
confectioner's sugar for dusting
baking spray

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray Baking Pam in a 13 x 9- inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla. Add the flour and mix thoroughly.

Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan. With a small, sharp knife (or toothpick), score into twenty-four 2-inch squares. Place a teaspoon of pie filling in the center of each scored square. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean. Cool to room temperature, then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before cutting and serving.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins