Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bushkill Kosher has anyone been?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 7:51 pm
I really want to go someplace with kosher food for a Shabbos and am considering this option. Has anyone been? Is it worth the price, what kind of crowd is it?

oodlesofnoodles

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 8:47 pm
How much is it

UQT

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 9:12 pm
I've been to bushkill inn with greenwald caterers. It was a nice place with delicious food and pretty grounds. A good getaway. It's a bit pricey - depends on your budget.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 4:31 pm
Bump. Has anyone else been there and think it's worth the cost. And what kind of crowd is it?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 1:34 pm
Has anyone been there recently for shabbos?
I'm considering going for shabbos, was wondering if they do any kind of program or is it just Greenwald catering and a room for a minyan?
Any info about the pool or spa, if there is separate swimming or anything catering to frum people?
I know it's owned by Greenwald, but run as a regular hotel. They are having a kosher shabbos this week and was wondering how that works with their regular guests?
I know it's pricier than other hotels, but considering it as a long awaited getaway.
Any info wold be helpful.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2013, 8:09 pm
Was there recently. Really really nice place. The program is basically eat, sleep, daven, chill. Between kiddush and the meal there was a break so we walked around the grounds and lake and got to explore the place a bit. On motzai shabbos they had separate swimming first ladies then men. The food was awesome and non stop!!!! They have a spa which I did not get to use. The place is very clean and comfy. all around great place!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 4:44 pm
same as above post! was amazing!! only negative point- was super annoying with a stroller up steps and then down...
very nice not mingly mostly chassidim crowd, really clean and comfy rooms, lots of free activities to do on grounds. really recommended!!

cs1

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 7:06 pm
im thinking of going this shabbos. does the kosher food over the weekend extend to sunday or monday as well? or is it just shabbos?
also, being that it costs about $250 a night, does that include all 3 meals? and/or during the meal? because there were a lot of reviews regarding the pricey restaurant.
also, is the food high class? is there a big variety of food? are there good salads, good fish (salmon..not just gefilte), sushi, etc.,?
trying to get a feel for the place.

tia!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 7:22 pm
I'm the OP and I went this Shabbos and really enjoyed. It's $750 for a couple for Shabbos, not sure where you got $250 a night. You have to book through AJ at Bushkill Kosher not direcly through the inn. Shabbos includes lunch Friday afternoon, Friday night dinner, breakfast shabbos morning, kiddush, lunch, shalosh seudos, melave malka and breakfast Sunday morning. There is also drinks, fruit and cake available at all times. We just went for Shabbos, there was plenty of food at breakfast to take for lunch and snack and we were home for dinner. There aren't any meals during the week afaik aside from frozen meals they sell in the 'makolet'.
There was a ton of food at every meal and a nice variety. We went for a walk after every meal to burn off the calories. It wasn't just heimish food it was presented well. Of course they had kugel and chulent Friday aternoon but they also had wraps and salads etc.
We didn't go with kids so the stairs wasn't so annoying but be prepared that the rooms are on the 1st floor and all the meals and minyanin are on the 4th.
There is no programming for adults aside from swimming motzei Shabbos. We hid our key so we could go for a longer walk o Shabbos as the eruv doesn't extend very far and we didn't want to worry about accidentally stepping outside the eruv.
The crowd was about half chassidish half not. The non-chassidish people were mostly black hat with only 2 modern Orthodox families.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 7:26 pm
OP again, one more point that someone had warned us about. If you want wine or liquor for the meals you should bring your own. They have kedem wine for kiddush which was fine for us but if you want more you need to bring it.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 8:00 pm
what do they charge for a weekday night? and is there kosher food during the week?

mimiz

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 8:35 pm
Whats bushkill falls like? Also what's nice hotel besides bushkill inn?

mimiz

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
what do they charge for a weekday night? and is there kosher food during the week?

Anyone? Want to go to the poconos this week... So would love to hear.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 7:37 am
I was there this past shabbos....
Food was really nice, delicious, presented well and very very plentiful...
The crowd was a real mix, what I found amazing is that during some meals, men from all tables were singing together, which I found really beautiful....

Personally I feel there was way too much food... It was impossible to eat that much...

The hotel is owned by Greenwald Catering and has regular hotel rates every day including shabbos to the general public.
They have kosher events sometimes, shabbosim most of the summer and they are doing Yomim Tovim.
Their shabbosim are $750 for a couple, and additional for kids.
The rooms are really nice, clean and comfortable. Beds are amazing!
The $250 or so they charge is like a regular hotel, no food available during the week. Someone mentioned a small store with kosher food, grocery like on premises, I didn't see it.
There are many activities that are free here, really nice place, definitely expensive for a regular hotel, but way nicer than most Pocono area hotels.

treetop12

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 5:33 pm
Has anyone been there this year?

treetop12

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 3:55 am
Bump.
Just trying to figure out if anyone has been there this summer or are planning to go.
TIA!

lavendar

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 6:19 am
Do they still have kosher weekends ? If so do you know a number or website I caN find put more info with thaNks you

Shayla

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 12:55 pm
Bump

Do they have this program in the winter
?

chaya35

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 12:59 pm
Shayla wrote:
Bump

Do they have this program in the winter
?

Saw advertised I think in the Hamodia that they are doing Thanksgiving Weekend and Chanakah.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 12:17 pm
Anyone know if there's a kosher women's mikva there?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics