Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Toronto food

amother

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 9:53 am
Visiting Toronto and looking for good places to eat with small kids, relatively inexpensive in Toronto or Thornhill area. Also is there a place to get soft serve/CY yogurt/ice cream?
(One of my children is allergic to tree nuts so if anyone has info on that, that'd be helpful, too.)

Marion

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 10:55 am
Google "Kosher Toronto".

Thornhill area (milchigs) has Cafe Sheli. It's owned by the same people as Dairy Treats (south) and Bistro Grande (further south, higher scale). Gladstone's is fleishigs, near Bistro Grande, same ownership IIRC.

There's lots near Clark/Hilda, Atkinson/Bathurst up north and Bathurst/Lawrence down south. (Cafe Sheli is my default...)

There used to be a TCBY yogurt at Bathurst and Steeles with hashgacha; don't know if it's still there. Not sure at all if it was CY because I don't keep it. The Walmart at Bathurst & Highway 7 has a selection of CY products; you can check there for ice cream. And the Sobey's at Hilda/Clark has a huge kosher section (including kosher bakery, NOT nut free) as does the SuperStore at Dufferin/Steeles. Amazing Donuts and Richman's Bakery were both nut free, but I believe they are both closed now. Hermes Bakery may be nut free, and I think Isaac's Bakery is as well (but I wouldn't necessarily recommend the Isaac's baked goods.) Tov-Li for pizza and falafel is almost in Thornhill; there used to be several branches of King David Pizza and My Zaidy's Pizza as well.

shlomitsmum

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 11:09 am
here is a link to the Restaurants,bakeries and all things food related. Very Happy

http://www.frumtoronto.com/Bus.....on=15

amother

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 7:04 pm
Marion do u still live in toronto? The info you gave is not current.

Down south:
Dairy:Bistro$$,milk and honey, dairy treats,tovli,pantry,king david.umami(take out sushi)
Meat: chicken nest,maron$$,ben and izzy,dr laffa(take out),koshe gourmet(amazing take out food),someother fast food place I cant remembee the name.
Amazing dounts is nut free bakery.

North:
meat:dr laffa, glatts(take out they have shabbos food and,hambergers,shrawma, thai food),hummus hummus, balli laffa,joe booz,golden chopaticks,bergies goldbergers(fast foods),sobeys(grocerry store take out)

Dairy:tovli, lots of pizza places,dlites,cafe sheli

Grodzinskys(bakery) north location is nut free.
There are two self serve CY frozen yogurt places. One in cabad gate plaza and one in sobeys plaza.

Gerbera

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 10:03 pm
The Cholov Yisroel soft serve in the Chabad Gate plaza has been shut down for awhile now.

If you have a car and don't mind driving north a bit there is a very reasonably priced restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating and lots of space inside for kids called Saluf. It's a meat restaurant. It's located very close to a great indoor playground which carries a lot of kosher baked goods and snacks called Hop Hop Jump. Saluf's info is here:
http://www.saluf.com/

For the poster who wrote about Amazing Donuts - it has not closed own - still very much open! Richman's Bakery has closed but a new bakery opened in the same spot called Richmond Bakery.

Dr. Laffa is great - it tends to fill up very quickly! I would go for an early supper - food is well priced.

Ben & Izzy's also gets very busy - not always easy to get a table.

You can get cholov yisroel soft serve ice cream and regular ice cream at Not Just Yogurt located near Bathurst and Lawrence.

Joe Boo's Cuckoo's in Thornhill has burgers for $2.99 and an option for a combo with fries and a drink.

Golden Chopsticks has a very small area to sit down at. I dont think it is the best place to bring little kids to. It is not cheap and mostly used for take out food. In the same plaza is a burger place - Burgy's. They have lots of room to sit down and have combo meals.

Marion

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 11:32 pm
amother wrote:
Marion do u still live in toronto? The info you gave is not current.

Down south:
Dairy:Bistro$$,milk and honey, dairy treats,tovli,pantry,king david.umami(take out sushi)
Meat: chicken nest,maron$$,ben and izzy,dr laffa(take out),koshe gourmet(amazing take out food),someother fast food place I cant remembee the name.
Amazing dounts is nut free bakery.

North:
meat:dr laffa, glatts(take out they have shabbos food and,hambergers,shrawma, thai food),hummus hummus, balli laffa,joe booz,golden chopaticks,bergies goldbergers(fast foods),sobeys(grocerry store take out)

Dairy:tovli, lots of pizza places,dlites,cafe sheli

Grodzinskys(bakery) north location is nut free.
There are two self serve CY frozen yogurt places. One in cabad gate plaza and one in sobeys plaza.

The information was what I remembered from last summer. I wouldn't call Dr. Laffa north or south; the one we visited was kind of in the ,iddle!

momi

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 12:56 am
Not just yogurt, yogen fruz and yogi bar. Google for numbers. Last 2 are self serve.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 9:47 pm
Thanks for all the info:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics