Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tznius and Skin Colored Stockings/tights/pantyhose which one

lk1234

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 9:34 pm
I am so frustrated. For the past week I've been trying to figure out which stockings to get. I used to wear just black but now I am feeling like the only one that wears black in the summer. So I'm in the market for the skin colored tights (as an aside = do people call these stockings or pantyhose- confused about the terms- if someone can explain the difference between the three-stockings, pantyhose, tights that would be helpful)

I have pale skin. I want something that is skin colored, like everyone is wearing in the summer, but that looks like stockings. But that doesn't look too dark. Does that make sense?

I would spend for a good pair- like levante. I just don't know which one to get!?

If someone can help I would really really appreciate it as I've already spent so much time trying to figure it out.

mom2dkay

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 9:46 pm
Did you try the levante dynamic sheer? I like those in either natural or sughero, and I also have pale skin.

Barbara

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 9:53 pm
In the US:

Stockings do not have an attached panty, and are often held up by a garter belt. They are usually sheer.

Pantyhose have an attached panty, and are usually sheer.

Tights also have an attached panty, but are thicker, generally opaque or at least semi-opaque.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 10:13 pm
If you are pale, the color you want is "ivory". Nude, suntan, etc. are going to look weird on you. Ivory is much more fashionable IMHO. How thick you want them is up to your discretion.

I only wear knee highs, so I can't help you with brands. No one sees my knees anyway, so why torture myself? Wink

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 2:12 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
If you are pale, the color you want is "ivory". Nude, suntan, etc. are going to look weird on you. Ivory is much more fashionable IMHO. How thick you want them is up to your discretion.

I only wear knee highs, so I can't help you with brands. No one sees my knees anyway, so why torture myself? Wink

I totally agree with you, but many high schools ban knee highs and many Charedi communities frown on it, especially for active young women that bend a lot taking children out of the car
See Daughters of Dignity

Disclaimer ..., I am not plugging this book in any way shape or form

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 3:22 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
FranticFrummie wrote:

I totally agree with you, but many high schools ban knee highs and many Charedi communities frown on it, especially for active young women that bend a lot taking children out of the car
See Daughters of Dignity

Disclaimer ..., I am not plugging this book in any way shape or form

If you can't move around without the tops of your knee highs showing, then your skirts are too short! Wink

Right now, I'm loving those long skirts with the yoga style foldover waistband. Long, comfy, stretchy, and I can move very freely in them. I bought them in a dozen colors.

As for high school teachers who pull up a girl's skirt to see if she's wearing knee highs, that's just stupid (IMHO) Mad . If you can't tell, why are you looking? If you can tell, then see my point above about the skirts being too short.

sara53

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 4:01 am
In the schools in Monsey, they tell me that they make the girls walk upstairs to see what they are wearing.
Is this true ?? Surprised Surprised

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 4:43 am
sara53 wrote:
In the schools in Monsey, they tell me that they make the girls walk upstairs to see what they are wearing.
Is this true ?? Surprised Surprised

That sounds very perverse. I'm hoping this is misinformation.

lk1234

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 8:04 am
mom2dkay- thanks for the names of those. I will try natural. I have the sughero but I'm feeling like they are dark on my leg. Are the natural lighter in color?Also is it me or are the levante very tight on the leg (vs. berkshire) I feel like it is so hard to get them on as they hug the leg very tightly?

barbara- thanks for the clarification!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 8:08 am
I wear levante - 30 denier and feel they are very dark too!
And they are extremely tight in the leg and to get on, but I like that now and wouldn;t want it any other way.

lk1234

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 8:55 am
amother- what is the name of the levante tights (I was told the sheer don't have numbers just names- sughero natural etc. )
Also, with regards to the tightness, you get used to that hugging feeling around your leg. I find it extremely restricting and impossible to get on?

teacherima

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 12:47 pm
The higher the denier, the tighter they will be around the leg. I suggest buying them in a bigger size if you are going to wear a heavy denier.

If you want to wear a lighter denier, I would recommend Melas Crystal Sheer 12. Sughero looks like you are wearing stockings (ie daker), nude blends in better. Lots of luck! Affordable and durable.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 9:32 pm
Some people wear grey in the summer. Some wear grey tights. Chadwicks has them.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 10:01 pm
why is showing the tops of knee hi's a problem? your leg is still covered.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 10:31 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
why is showing the tops of knee hi's a problem? your leg is still covered.

if knee-his aren't tznuis then I'm in some big trouble. I've been known to wear them under a long formal gown
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics