Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help! could I send dd to trip!?!?

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Jul 31 2013, 11:51 pm
Dd was having a bit stomach cramps yesterday and then had diarea (sp?) I kept her home today she was ok in the afternoon but at night still had a bit diarea.
Tomorrow they are having a trip and she was looking forwards to it can I send her anyway hoping she'll be out of it or do I keep her home which I would do had she not have this trip.
I'm so confused I feel bad not letting her go.
Please advise.
Thank you.

penguin

Post Wed, Jul 31 2013, 11:56 pm
Probably the last thing she wants is to be stuck on a bus with the stomach cramps and no bathroom. I would def. err on the side of caution & make it up to her with a special trip if possible, if she's very disappointed.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 12:19 am
If she's really heartbroken about the trip you can try giving her some Immodium tonight. Otherwise, do as Penguin says and make it up to her later.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 12:57 am
It's probably too late for this but I saw this thread and bookmarked it because the probiotics seems like it's something that everyone is saying really works:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ight=

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 7:44 am
How old is she and how far is the trip?

I wouldn't risk it but those two are factors that would influence my decision.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 8:04 am
Merrymom wrote:
It's probably too late for this but I saw this thread and bookmarked it because the probiotics seems like it's something that everyone is saying really works:

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ight=

Probiotics are awesome for maintenance, but they're not a quick fix for sudden or acute stomach issues. If taken daily, they are good for chronic problems.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 8:58 am
As far as I know a kid who has any signs of a stomach bug (vomiting and diarrhea) has to be clear for 24 hours before going back to school.
Tough, but if only everyone kept to it there would be a lot less sick kids in school!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 9:36 am
I agree with chocolate chips. My dd threw up in camp a little bit. Of course I picked her up she was totally fine the rest of the day. I kept her home the day after as a precaution. She was fine the entire day. I know there are viruses going around now and are probably being made worse by sick kids being in camp. I know its very very hard for working mothers to keep their kids home but unless you absolutely have no other choice please don't send them back for twenty four hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics