Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Juicing for weight loss - anyone ever try it?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 4:13 pm
Has anyone ever tried juicing vegetables to loose weight?

Was it an effective way to loose pounds?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 6:16 pm
You don't get fiber that way and actually juicing is very calorie dense. You might end up gaining weight.

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Aug 01 2013, 7:08 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
You don't get fiber that way and actually juicing is very calorie dense. You might end up gaining weight.

Right, fruit juice has the calories without the fiber. Vegetable juices have less calories without the fiber.

It is a shame to miss out on the fiber on vegetables. More filling , and I think imperative for healthy weight loss and health (in the absence of other health issues which don't allow for eating (certain/) vegetables.

Zaj

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 6:53 pm
Why don't you drink Nutritional shakes instead to lose weight, that's how I lose weight. Juicing will fill you for 30 min then you might get hungry again , not enough protein

amother

Post Sat, Sep 07 2013, 5:39 pm
Zaj wrote:
Why don't you drink Nutritional shakes instead to lose weight, that's how I lose weight. Juicing will fill you for 30 min then you might get hungry again , not enough protein
But how does that help you lose weight? After you stop drinking those you will just put everything back on that you lost.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Mar 04 2017, 7:13 pm
amother wrote:
Has anyone ever tried juicing vegetables to loose weight?

Was it an effective way to loose pounds?

You'll definitely lose weight, if you are drinking the juice as meal replacements.

Maybe you want to share what your typical food intake is like, as sometimes by cutting out certain foods you'll automatically lose weight.

One key factor I have found, is to stop all eating by 7 pm. You'll lose a couple of pounds just by doing that.

Some tips for weight loss:

Fasting nightly 7 pm-9 or 10 am
Increase raw veggies and raw fruits
Chew very very slowly
Eat only when truly hungry. Learn to differentiate emotional hunger from true hunger.
Stop chewing as soon as stomach signals it is full. Learn to recognize the signals.

If you'll be juicing in place of meals, sip very very slowly over the course of at least fifteen minutes. Do not guzzle.

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Mar 04 2017, 9:29 pm
I was on a juice diet for 3 days and didn't lose or gain any weight. I also didn't have any bowel movements while on the diet.

Amarante

Post Sat, Mar 04 2017, 10:58 pm
It's a form of star stick m diet as when people go on these juice cleanses, they don't drink unlimited amounts of juice but have specific juices at certain times so calorie count is low.

They also often drink the master cleanse concoction which is essentially lemon water with some pepper. You can google for a recipe.

This is the ultimate fad diet which women will use if they want to lose five pounds fast for a special event. The weight will come back as soon as you start eating again.

It's fine for three days or so but IMHO stupid as you can lose weight fast on any kind of starvation diet. Not that I am recommending starvation diets but just pointing out there is no magic to drinking juices.

And adding that people think smoothies ar healthy. Just look up nutritional stats for smoothies sold at popular stores and many are more caloric than a large meal. 😱😱

chani8

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 1:35 am
I have a family member who did a juicing diet and lost so much weight. What he liked most about it was no longer feeling full. Instead he felt energetic and light. He got started by watching the show Fat Sick and Nearly Dead.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 2:01 am
Amother mauve, Not sure why you replied to this now. This thread is from 3 1/2 years ago, and I have no thoughts of doing this anymore. I know once I would stop juicing I would gain it all back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise