Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
R aryeh nivin

imamom7

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 7:43 pm
has anyone taken his 12 week course- Im interested but would love to hear reviews from people who have done it it- thanks

Smiling Wife

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 3:37 pm
I did! I dont know why your post wasnt answered to, I dont think it falls under education! It is DEEP and life changing, maybe under growth or psychology?

granolamom

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 11:17 pm
I'm taking it now, its ok. I'm a bit underwhelmed but maybe it will pick up soon.

bamamama

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 12:55 am
I took it for 12 weeks and a bit. You should know up front that you will have completed virtually nothing at the end of the 12 weeks. They want you to keep signing up for 12-week stints (at additional cost, of course) so they don't end it in a satisfying way.

I was underwhelmed. It was a TON of work and I ultimately didn't find it helpful. I never found my ye'ud (possibly because the formulaic way you're led through is way too simplistic for many people?).

AliG

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 6:43 am
I am starting YEAR NUMBER THREE in the Chabura. Stick with it. Find the right chavrusa, it is some work, definitely you need to be attentive and invest a lot....highly likely that you will find it meaningful, life changing, very positive over all. I am a huge fan. Good luck, Shana Tova

granolamom

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 1:33 pm
bamamama wrote:
I took it for 12 weeks and a bit. You should know up front that you will have completed virtually nothing at the end of the 12 weeks. They want you to keep signing up for 12-week stints (at additional cost, of course) so they don't end it in a satisfying way.

I was underwhelmed. It was a TON of work and I ultimately didn't find it helpful. I never found my ye'ud (possibly because the formulaic way you're led through is way too simplistic for many people?).

thank you, bamamama. I was feeling a bit down that I couldnt figure out my yeud. I happen to have a really good chavrusa, and I'm doing the work, but it feels a bit marketed to me.

I found Sarah yocheved rigler's 'kesher wife' similar. but dina friedman's chanoch l'naar was more satisfying to me. I guess different people respond to different people : )

but its nice to know I'm not the only one.

soulful music

Post Sat, Sep 07 2013, 8:45 pm
granolamom wrote:
bamamama wrote:

thank you, bamamama. I was feeling a bit down that I couldnt figure out my yeud. I happen to have a really good chavrusa, and I'm doing the work, but it feels a bit marketed to me.

I found Sarah yocheved rigler's 'kesher wife' similar. but dina friedman's chanoch l'naar was more satisfying to me. I guess different people respond to different people : )
but its nice to know I'm not the only one.

You're not the only one, I agree to the bolded above!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 09 2014, 1:23 pm
any more comments? I'm thinking about signing up for a course.

is Lubavitch/Lubavitchers welcome there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics