Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Mazal Tov! It's a (bugaboo) baby-hood :)
1  2  Next

If you have as bugaboo stroller, which model do you own?, If you have more than 1 then check the one you use most.
Cameleon  
 50%  [ 26 ]
Bee Plus  
 19%  [ 10 ]
Original Bee  
 7%  [ 4 ]
Frog  
 9%  [ 5 ]
Donkey  
 11%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 51

mynameismom

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 1:44 pm
Hi everyone!

I wanted to introduce you to my new product. I am producing replacement hoods for all Bugaboo brand strollers.

Check out my website at www.baby-hood.com

Facebook group babyhood

All the hood outers are sewn with outdoor fabrics that are rated for up to 500 hours UV resistance in direct sunlight. They are fully lined and beautifully sewn by a professional seamstress at my shop not by a sweatshop in China. We check each piece for fit and quality before delivery.

I have many choices of colors and prints. This is the perfect accessory to rejuvenate your old worn or faded hood, especially if you own a frog or original bee and cant find a replacement hood. It is also a great fashion statement. With many prints and colors, there is something for everyone's taste. They can be easily be switched out for a different look whenever you want a change.

So if your style is bold or classic, if you have a boy or a girl you'll want to check out our collection. These also make an incredible gift for a new baby.

If you have any questions you may reach me at 1-888-488-0210

Looking forward to hearing from you Smile

Paid ad

thePrimaIma

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 5:46 am
Sorry I have an Uppababy. But I think your idea is great Smile good luck!

IMHopinion

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 6:04 am
I saw your ad on Imamother a couple of days ago and checked out your site. Beautiful stuff!

mynameismom

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 10:09 am
Thanks guys Smile Have a great Shabbos

...by the way we have uppa-baby in development Wink

mommish613

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 11:08 am
Really nice- looooooovin the snakeskin!!!

thePrimaIma

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 3:38 pm
Awesome! Definitely something I would get! xoxo

mynameismom

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 1:39 pm
For this week only monday August 12 -Friday August 16 I am offering imamother members $10 off their orders

Call me to make an order Smile

JollyMommy

Post Mon, Aug 12 2013, 10:46 pm
love it!

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 2:14 am
what a great idea! Good luck with it! Smile

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 10:03 pm
can you make a matching handlebar cover for the donkey?

wispalover

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 10:42 pm
lots of luck!!! great idea. Maybe sharks den would like this?

mynameismom

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 8:25 am
Quote:
can you make a matching handlebar cover for the donkey?

yes I can Smile

21young

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 9:03 am
I really like your site, it doesn't look home-made, and the products look beautiful! One caveat - why so expensive? I have the Bugaboo Bee - a sun canopy on the Bugaboo site is $49.95 whereas your covers are $99.00. Aside for the cute fabrics, what are you offering over Bugaboo that it's worth it for me to spend double the price? I hope you take this as constructive criticism, I work in marketing and the pricing difference doesn't make sense to me.

mynameismom

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 10:36 am
Quote:
I have the Bugaboo Bee - a sun canopy on the Bugaboo site is $49.95 whereas your covers are $99.00. Aside for the cute fabrics, what are you offering over Bugaboo that it's worth it for me to spend double the price? I hope you take this as constructive criticism, I work in marketing and the pricing difference doesn't make sense to me.

Don't worry I don't take it as criticism at all and I'll explain.
If we'll compare apples to apples then these would be next to the patterned bugaboo hoods (http://www.pishposhbaby.com/bugaboo-bee-andy-warhol-sun-canopy-flowers.html) which cost $149 each. Each one of my hoods is made by me and a professional seamstress in my shop not in a factory in China.
I don't know if the patterned hoods are fully lined but I know for sure that the original hoods which are cheaper are not and there are exposed edges inside which in my opinion look bad.

Besides for that point my hoods are a fashion accessory. Some people pay more for accessories than others. If someone wants to spend as little as possible on a replacement hood they can buy one of the bugaboo standard hoods for $49. When it comes to buying a statement piece spending is more flexible. Personally I love a good buy, I tried to make my product affordable and I certainly have more choices than what bugaboo offers.

Profit-wise don't think I'm making a killing. These costs me way more to make than what you would think. I would love to eventually sell these wholesale to baby stores all over but I would need to find a manufacturer who is up to my standards who can produce it for a good enough price to be able to sell it wholesale. I fought with my business adviser about the pricing. They should be selling for more based on cost but I wanted to keep it under $100 in the long run so thats what I'm selling for and hopefully I'll be able to get the production cost down in the future Smile Hopefully I'll be able to keep my price so low Wink

mynameismom

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 2:32 pm
I'm having my first sample sale! Check it out in my ETSY store Etsy Sample Sale I have an extremely limited amount of Cameleon/Cameleon3 Hoods for 25% off

gumby

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 2:38 pm
Sorry but I am also disappointed by the pricing. You are very high . Someone I know sells the same exact item for 49.99 and she does sell them to stores.

mynameismom

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 2:50 pm
[/quote]Sorry but I am also disappointed by the pricing. You are very high . Someone I know sells the same exact item for 49.99 and she does sell them to stores.[quote]

Can you link me to see what she sells? I have seen hoods around but not for 49.99 and nowhere near my quality. I can't imagine its exactly what I sell. Considering I make these myself and not in China and I know my costing there would be no way in the world she could sell the same exact thing for 49.99.

Happy 2B

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 2:54 pm
gumby wrote:
Sorry but I am also disappointed by the pricing. You are very high . Someone I know sells the same exact item for 49.99 and she does sell them to stores.

maybe the quality is not the same?

These are lined, Hand made and the fabrics can be different quality also. I am not saying they are. But you would have to look at them next to each other to see if they are actually "the same"

I think they look really nice but I prefer solid colors less showy.

mynameismom

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 3:22 pm
Here's just a quick illustration of the same exact thing.
Lets examine the baby romper. They all do the same exact thing, they are not however the same exact thing.

baby romper 1

baby romper 2

baby romper 3

baby romper 4

su7kids

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 3:45 pm
I adore your product. I think its well worth the money spent, and you definitely will find your stroller in a crowd, and it is very special. Your handiwork is amazing, your attention to detail is above and beyond. I think it is DEFINITELY worth the price.

I especially like that the hoods are resistant to breakdown by the sun, very important if you spend a lot of time outdoors. I believe they're someone water resistant, too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics