Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
What sort of recipes do you need?
1  2  Next

AZmom09

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 1:46 pm
Hi!
I have posted quite a lot of healthy recipes on here, but now that I started a blog I was wondering if anyone had any specific things they wanted to make healthy or foods they like or even ideas and tips...
You can check out my blog in the www link below.
Thanks

coconutbutter

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 3:44 am
Just want to say- I love your blog! I check it daily for new recipes and have been so thrilled with the simple steps and delicious results. I would love to learn some new meat recipes that does not call for teriyaki, soy, brown sugar, (even 100% maple syrup or honey...) etc. etc. all the junky ingredients. Though there's delis in the simplicity of a salt and pepper steak I'd like a juicy saucy meat recipe that I can eat without the extra guilt.
Also, any kugels/sides for Shabbos. So many call for excess oil, mayo, sugar...etc. I'd love healthier, lighter options that are creative yet foolproof. Thanks again for your wonderful work!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 3:48 am
I'd love to see a "better than treyf" section! As a BT, I'm always looking for ways to reproduce the comfort food of my childhood. I know it's going to include a lot of things like Tofutti and mock meat, but I'm cool with that. I'd love to know what parve "cheese" brands don't taste like wax, what to do with tempeh, etc.

A lot of converts and BT's struggle with kashrus, and if you had enough recipes you could probably make a fortune selling a cookbook. I know I'd buy it, and I'll even contribute a few of my favorites that I've come up with. Very Happy

AZmom09

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 4:33 am
I'm so happy you enjoy my blog!
I will work on those recipes. I have a few like that and will work on putting them up when I can.
I've thought about making a cookbook, but for now I'm going to see how blogging goes. If it gets popular who knows! thanks!

SJcookie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 4:48 am
Hi AZmom, just checked out your blog for the first time, and it's awesome!

Do you know how I can make mock "grilled" lemony chicken breasts? I have an oven but no grill pan or grill option in the oven. Would love to start adding that kind of chicken to my salad, but each time I bake chicken breasts, they come out super dry & tasteless (unless I put a lot of unhealthy bottled sauce).

Thanks!

AZmom09

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 5:00 am
The key to keep chicken breast most is to splash some vinegar on it. So maybe so dome lemon juice garlic and vinegar, dont worry it wont taste like vinegar after you bake it. Let it marinate for a while. Then bake it uncovered at 350-400 but just till cooked, not long at all.
Let it rest before cutting. Also if you do end up with dry chicken I like to reheat it with a bit of coconut oil, it is really good for you plus makes the chicken really moist. Or serve with mashed sweet potato which will add to the moistness.

reflections

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 6:30 am
THe link to your to your blog did not come through . Please repost and T .

AZmom09

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 7:07 am
nowaythatshealthy.blogspot.com

Strawberry2

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 7:48 am
Wow, great recipes. Can't wait to try them.

abound

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 7:58 am
reflections wrote:
THe link to your to your blog did not come through . Please repost and T .

just click the www on the bottom of her post

e1234

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 8:13 am
I will check but I'm always looking for healthy kid friendly and quick to make recipes
(is that too much to ask?)

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 8:17 am
I also couldn't (and can't) see a link at the bottom of your post, for some reason.
In any event, thanks for posting the link. Very nice blog. I love healthy cooking blogs.
Comment on the format: it's a wee bit hard to read the font you use for the blog.

Keep up the good work! I'm interested in recipes using spelt flour and/or gluten free flours. Trying to cut down on wheat. Thanks.

SJcookie

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 8:17 am
AZmom09 wrote:
The key to keep chicken breast most is to splash some vinegar on it. So maybe so dome lemon juice garlic and vinegar, dont worry it wont taste like vinegar after you bake it. Let it marinate for a while. Then bake it uncovered at 350-400 but just till cooked, not long at all.
Let it rest before cutting. Also if you do end up with dry chicken I like to reheat it with a bit of coconut oil, it is really good for you plus makes the chicken really moist. Or serve with mashed sweet potato which will add to the moistness.

Sounds delicious, thanks!
I'm terrible with knowing how long it takes for something to be cooked. Is approx 20 min good?

mandksima

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 8:27 am
I'm always looking for kosher paleo recipes. I am always trying new things and sometimes they are good so I save the recipe, sometimes awful. I hate wasting ingredients so I'd love some TNT recipes using only healthy ingredients and for me, no dairy, no grain, soy or any legumes, no sugar but a little honey/maple syrup okay.

AZmom09

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 9:02 am
Hi!
Yes I know the font isnt perfect, but I just cant find one that I like enough to switch. So it will stay that font for now Smile It takes some getting used to, but after a bit it isnt hard to read.
As for the chicken, it depends on the size of your pieces. The bigger, the more likely they won't dry out.
20 minutes should be good. Maybe take a look at 15 minutes, if the inside is no longer pink, take it out!

The link to see my blog is in the "www" below, look down!

malkacooks

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 1:12 pm
I also would love some healthy spins on kid frendly food. it seems like I can cook healthy or cook kid friendly but not both. would love some tips and recipies

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 3:13 pm
wow!! nice website!! good luck!!

I tried opening the links in the "kosher connection" section - to the apple butter swirl challah and the caramel apple icecream but it wouldnt let me go thru - do you know why??

the other links worked

AZmom09

Post Tue, Aug 27 2013, 3:19 pm
Could be they didnt get linked correctly when those bloggers put it in

amother

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 2:37 am
gluten free ( no spelt or oat flour)
kid friendly
easy with regular ingredients

amother

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 2:37 am
gluten free ( no spelt or oat flour)
kid friendly
easy with regular ingredients
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking