Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Montessori type Yeshiva in Flatbush?

MEEMEE

Post Tue, Aug 13 2013, 3:04 pm
Someone recently told me about a new Montessori type of yeshiva in Flatbush, Brooklyn. Does anyone have information on them? Thanks in advance.

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Dec 10 2013, 10:13 pm
I have info on this if anyone is still interested.

solo

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:28 pm
I was just told bout this yeshiva. Called bnei Torah. Does anyone have any experience or info. Do they go up to grade 8? How lg is the student body? What is the parent body like? Also curious to know how they use thier methods for limudei kodesh.
I'd love any and all info. Tx

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:44 pm
solo wrote:
I was just told bout this yeshiva. Called bnei Torah. Does anyone have any experience or info. Do they go up to grade 8? How lg is the student body? What is the parent body like? Also curious to know how they use thier methods for limudei kodesh.
I'd love any and all info. Tx

They will eventually go up to grade 8 but right now they go through 2nd grade, adding another grade next year and so forth. Right now in grades nursery through 2nd I'd say there's about 60 kids, but don't quote me on that. Parent body is varied, with a lot of Yeshivish and a lot of out-of-towner mentality. The kids learn how to layn as they learn how to read Hebrew. They focus on the roots of words in order for the kids to recognize different words and eventually be able to read a passuk and understand it on their own. Feel free to PM me or ask questions.

Ashrei

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 8:47 pm
<-- very happy YBT mommy here. Very Happy

ETA: Feel free to PM me for info.

Last edited by Ashrei on Sun, May 10 2015, 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

solo

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 11:59 am
Ashrei, care

solo

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 12:00 pm
To elaborate ?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 12 2014, 2:17 pm
new amother here.

the preschool is montessori; theolder grades hebrew is the *zichru method and english is montessori-like; parent body is very dedicated; I feel everyone is growing in that school;maybe we dont all start out from the same place religiously necesarily but we all want to embue our homes with love of torah and learning and lots of love of HAshem.

*zichru mehthod - boys learn sharoshim and trope with the pesukim and it helps them remember what they learned. it follows the pirkei avos ben chamesh l'mikra. the boys are supposed to go through chumash and tanach before mishna. (most boys schools do very little nach).my child can layn and we had a question at the shabbos table (not directed at my son) and no one knew the answer. this child without being prompted was able to run get a chumash and look up the answer and he knew exactly whwere to find it that's how good a grasp on chumash he has.(obviously it was from chumash that he learned already).

babygirl40

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 6:13 pm
Anyone have a contact number for bnei torah?

strawberry cola

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 6:15 pm
I think my friend sends there. pelase pm me for info

strawberry cola

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 6:18 pm
I think my friend sends there. please pm me for info

Kumphort

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 9:15 pm
How many boys are in the second grade? Can a boy join at that point or will he be missing out an basics of their methods along the way ?
What is the school day like? Hours Sunday? Friday?
Do they end up following core curriculum for English or any other official curriculum. Is there a website I can find out more info?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 12:10 am
What is the oldest grade?

Ashrei

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 1:33 am
<-- available for a PM if you'd like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics