Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dd 10 has lump under one breast?!?!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 15 2013, 11:56 pm
I'm freaking out a bit here. Could she be developing on one side only??

Please help!

amother

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 12:06 am
Okay, do NOT freak out just yet! I was a teenager when I realized I had a lump on one breast. I panicked, got really nervous, but my mom calmed me down and took me to an OB/GYN next day. To make a long story short.....Dr. Andaz (the breast surgeon at Maimonides) diagnosed me with fibroadenomas (BH noncancerous lumps), and I actually have more than one. They fluctuate in size based on my menstrual cycle. I was under her care for several years, just to monitor the sizes, and BH a few months ago she said I do not have to come back until I'm 40 to have my mammogram. (I'm 26 now.)

I hope that this will calm you down.

Now, practically speaking, talk to the pediatrician, ask for a referral to a breast surgeon, and have the lump checked out. I hope it will all turn out as well for you as did for me, Baruch Hashem.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 12:22 am
When I was about that age I also discovered a "lump" only on one side and my mom brought me to the dr who said it was just a breast bud beginning to grow. The second side developed the same "lump" a few weeks later. I am slightly larger on the first side that developed. Not obvious to anyone else but to myself BH.

So it is entirely possible that she is beginning to develop earlier on one side. But still take her to the dr to know for sure, don't rely on unknown online posters. And don't freak out!

amother

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 1:13 am
That's how my daughter started developing. First one side, then the other started a few weeks later. Pediatrician said it's normal.

Jughead

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 1:46 am
mine too

5*Mom

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 1:51 am
I agree with the amothers above. It is probably a breast bud. Take her to the ped to reassure yourself.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 11:39 am
I guess we cannot diagnose her from here ... hope it's as simple as normal breast growth ... if you're still worried follow amother of 12:06 am for her advice of doctor to check it out

good luck !!!

amother

Post Fri, Aug 16 2013, 11:44 am
thanks everyone. slightly less anxious. from what I've been reading online it's seems normal to develop first on one side only. I have an appt. at the pediatrician later.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 18 2013, 11:47 pm
Op, is everything okay?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics