Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pesach-dik baby food
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 12:18 pm
My baby is mostly cereal-fed (and nursing). What do I do on pesach??? Confused

mirisimma

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 12:20 pm
ask a rav about whether you can use rice cereal. they also haev pesachdik baby cereal in supermarket from matzomeal. did you try beechnut jars yet? try it, your baby may like it and most of them are ou-p

dr pepper

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 12:21 pm
mash lady fingers in juice or pumped milk?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 12:21 pm
crumblu up lady fingers and mix with milk

amother

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 12:33 pm
thanks for the replies. But the lady fingers have no nutritional value...?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 12:38 pm
I never gave my kids that stuff.

there's plenty to eat. yogurt, mashed potatoes, chicken soup. fresh fish. applesauce.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 12:41 pm
I guess I should clarify - my baby is 6.5 months. So he ONLY eats baby cereal and fruit jars. Just nursing is not enough for him. And I would think neither is just fruit. Cereal fills him up. And I think he is too young for fish, chicken soup etc. What

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 12:47 pm
So ask your doctor. None of my kids ate before a year anyway.

sarahd

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 1:01 pm
There are KLP baby cereals. Try out a couple before Pesach so you know what he likes.

su7kids

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 1:03 pm
Maybe now is a good time to start introducing vegetables???? 6.5 months old for sure, soft veggies from soup could be good.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 1:13 pm
Majority of mine were closer to a year old but still nursing strong, but 2 were seven and nine months at Pesach time, and I remember nursing ALOT more to fill them up.

My sister gave her kids potatoes at your son's age. ( mashed with plenty of liquid). also try pureed sweet potatoes, mashed bananas. mashed zuchinni, applesauce-compote all went over well.

cereal from finely ground matzoh meal? Ask your Rav.

dr pepper

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 1:31 pm
My baby started on cholent at 6.5 months. I dunno, it was the only thing she would eat. Then after I realized she could handle the consistency, she had rice cakes and cheerios too, plus chicken and meatballs.

Try introducing food with lumpier textures now, so by the time pesach comes around he will be able to eat a little bit of everything.

I wouldn't give fish this early, but chicken soup, definitely. Yogurt, too.

nylon

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 12:00 pm
I'd say 6.5 months is too early for wheat. That's usually not recommended till a year now. Sweet potato is excellent as an early veggie though. Don't know about KLP cereals though (I'm in Europe)

gryp

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 12:25 pm
amother, what kind of minhagim do you keep for Pesach?

I never had a problem with this- banana, zucchini, applesauce, even chicken soup. there are so many things to feed. please don't give your 6.5 yr old lady fingers. shock

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 12:33 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
So ask your doctor. None of my kids ate before a year anyway.

thats interesting. My daughter just started really eating and shes 12 months. BM is still the bulk of her diet. Did the doctor tell you to do that?

granolamom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 1:53 pm
my younger two didn't start solids much before a year either. and then it was mostly bananas, sweet potato, butternut squash and avocado.

I really wouldn't think mashed up lady fingers is a good idea. or matzo meal for that matter.

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 5:26 pm
my baby is 5.5 months and when I asked the dr what to give him over pesach he said I should stick with the beechnut jars; so far I've introduced 3-4 fruits/veg. he also said I can give cottage cheese, plain yogurt, and even mashed chicken. I think he's too little for chicken but I'm gonna try the other stuff out this and next week to see if he likes it.

btw, he said dont give a baby matzo meal - not good for them at all.

also, I'm formula feeding; dont know if that makes a diff.

curlyhead

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 8:54 pm
apple sauce
pear sauce
melon
compot
banana
mango

carrots
mash up the vegies from the chicken soup (parsnip, carrot, zukini, etc...)
sweet potato
butternut sqaush

butternut sqaush soup without spices.

Baby cearal is the only baby food that is chometz all the other baby food arent. In a way they are easier then the older kids

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 10:44 pm
I think the regular rice cereals ARE chometz.
Check what the stores have. There is also matza cereal..forgot what it's called, I bought it one year. But I would say go for the jars. Baby can probably fill up on those fine (though it'll cost extra $$).

mirisimma

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 10:59 pm
I dont know for sure what the pesachdik baby cereal is made of, I guess it woldnt make sence to make it of matzoh meal... but there is infant cereal thats klp. I used it last year. I guess it must be potato based or something. cant vouch for taste!! but I mostly did jars /soup/ potatos and miri was fine
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics