Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Not everyone has caller ID!!
1  2  3  Next

Do you call people back just from seeing their name on the caller ID?
Yes  
 22%  [ 15 ]
No  
 18%  [ 12 ]
Only close family or close friend  
 37%  [ 25 ]
I don't have caller ID  
 21%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 66

peach

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:06 pm
No, we don't have caller ID. You may think we're old fashioned but its just for the simple reason that it costs more $$! Anyways, one thing I can't stand is that pple assume that everyone has caller ID. The other day I called someone and she said "You know I called you so many times and why didn't you call me back ever?" I asked "Oh, I didn't hear any messages from you on my answering machine". She said "No, I didn't leave a message. I knew you would see my name on caller ID".

Now I do not have caller ID and have not had it in the past, but why assume everyone does? Besides, even if I did, I would think it is rude to call someone back just from seeing they called. If they wanted me to call them back they would have left a message. If I call someone with caller ID and they dont pick up and I decide forget it I'll call someone else with that question, I wouldn't want the person to call me back.

Anyone in the same sitch? Anyone out there still without caller ID??!

peach

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:08 pm
delete

Last edited by peach on Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

su7kids

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:08 pm
Caller ID allows me to IGNORE more calls than I return. If I thought it was important, I'd call.

If there isn't a message on my machine, I figured the person came up with another plan and doesn't need me anymore.

peach

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:14 pm
delete

Last edited by peach on Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlumaG

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 11:34 pm
my caller ID is part of my phone package
I have friends who don't call back unless u leave a message

RedVines

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 11:37 pm
I only call close friends back, when I see their name. And family members

Jus the other day, I saw a parent of a kid I taught last year had called...no message, I wasnt going to pick up the phone to call her back. Too weird. What are you going to say...THEY called you!

Imaonwheels

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 11:39 pm
I know I am not the only person who hates talking to the machine. I have friends whose recorded msg says, "Please do not leave msgs at this number, they aren't retrieved". But those are people so busy you have to chase them.

creativemom

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 11:43 pm
mommyofthree wrote:
I only call close friends back, when I see their name. And family members.

Wink

happy2beme

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 9:52 am
my caller id is free. it's part of the package.

How much do u pay? Mine is like $21/mo with call waiting and call id plus all the taxes it comes out close to $30 I think.

& I never check call id to see who called when I was out. I only use it to see who's calling when im there!

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:12 am
I don't have caller ID either, momnys! I know what you mean. People ask us if we ignore their calls on purpose when we see their names, and are pretty shocked when we tell them we don't have caller ID. One day when we need it, we'll get it. Until then, I don't feel like paying an extra $10 a month for it.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:15 am
GR, how much do u pay a month? My caller id is free

rise above

we don't have the caller id where you see the name of the person calling- just the phone number.

chocolate moose

I hate the phone.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:18 am
I usually only call people back if they leave a message. However, I have some friends that never leave messages b/c they assume that if I see a missed call from them, I'll know to call back. So with them, I'll just call back if they leave no message.

We have Vonage, caller ID is included.

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:20 am
chocolate moose wrote:
I hate the phone.

Me too.

When I first got caller ID, discovered that a certain family member was calling me over and over again until I picked up.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:23 am
I love having caller ID b/c I can easily screen my calls. I probably pick up the phone 50% of the time.

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:25 am
happy2beme wrote:
GR, how much do u pay a month? My caller id is free

pay for what? the phone?
I've gone over this a million times. it's not worth it for us.

happy2beme

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:28 am
yes for ur phone. do u pay less than $30/mo including taxes

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:33 am
we used to be caller ID free. and I loved it...
lately we got ID and it maeks life hard. I used to ignore calls when I was busy but know with ID I pick up "hey its my sister, neighbor, friend.. they must NEED s/t... and then I get stuck on the phone again and neglect the kids and house... for all of you that still don't have ID enjoy your peace of mind even when people think you're weird!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 10:37 am
Imhappy, that's the complete opposite of me. Without caller ID I always had to answer the phone b/c I never knew who it might be. Now I can ignore most calls unless they're important. I hate speaking on the phone, so unless it's a client, I usually won't pick up the phone.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette