Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Grey Lines (Binah Serial by EGSchwartz)
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 30  31  32  Next

losingweight

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 1:06 pm
So last week I the thought Adler made it. This week I'm afraid he didn't Sad

OhWow!

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 2:24 pm
Unless there's just no mention of him this week and the levys think he died? let's be hopeful...

supermama2

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 2:45 pm
Well, I don't think Adler died with a "serene" look on his face... I hope he's still around. Purim Sameach!!!!

Liba

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 2:48 pm
I can't believe that Wolf wouldn't get a proper Jewish burial even if he did die! That means he has to live, or at the least he can't die until Caro finds out where he is.

OhWow!

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 2:56 pm
Just when caro will agree to marry the lieutenant he will pop back into the story.

losingweight

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 5:25 pm
The intro kinda looked like he died on enemy territory.

sky

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 6:15 pm
Based on intro last week I think it sounded like perhaps Moses and Wolf will be mixed up. They will think Moses died and Wolf lived. Maybe because Wolf gave his stuff to Moses . ( I could be off because I don't read it every week and get my neighbors hand me downs)

rise above

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 8:32 am
Unless someone is really playing a game here, I thought it said straight out this week that Wolf breathed his last breath last week and that he is dead. And then we had 2 blurbs writing about a Jewish soldier getting burial.
I kind of have to mourn him after that and I am not expecting him to just jump back alive, but hey, you never know. When it's my chance to write a serial I won't be having any ghosts around!

sunny90

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:27 pm
I wish she would just tell us straight out. Until someone in the story SEES him dead I refuse to believe it.
Maybe it meantion Jewish burials because Caro and Mose were discussing it.

supermama2

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 2:00 pm
Exploding anger Yes it would be good to know if he is dead or not! I've had enough of this light stepping around. Things are left just so and from it we can't know for SURE what Scotty is up to...argh!

Miri1

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 4:39 pm
I think it's pretty clear. This week she wrote that Adler's suffering "was ended". A few weeks ago he was killed a few weeks ago. She also wrote last week about what happened during the "last hours" (I think those were the words).
She may enjoy raising the question marks, but I think we do know the answer.

But then, I also thought that Gella had died, and it all turned out to be a near death experience....

EGS, you are loving this!

supermama2

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 8:05 am
Well perhaps his "suffering ending" is his going into a deep, pain induced sleep?...

Liba

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 5:51 pm
Sad seems Wolf is dead. I am really unhappy.

windowsill

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 6:34 pm
I don't think he is dead, just for the reason that it kills the story... she prob just wants to keep us in suspense that bit longer

rise above

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 8:47 am
This weeks installment did next to nothing in terms of relieving the suspense or really moving the story anywhere.

Hidden: 

Obviously it's monumental that Caro said no officially to Mr. Lazarus and that they went to pray at the immigrants synagogue, but I still feel I wasn't given enough "meat" to satisfy me.

Oh, the joys of serial stories! I like to sink my teeth in to a story, but I can't resist the urge of reading and following each and every serial that comes out in every magazine. I guess I'm just thirsty for reading!

supermama2

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 12:46 am
rise above wrote:
This weeks installment did next to nothing in terms of relieving the suspense or really moving the story anywhere.

Hidden: 

Obviously it's monumental that Caro said no officially to Mr. Lazarus and that they went to pray at the immigrants synagogue, but I still feel I wasn't given enough "meat" to satisfy me.

Oh, the joys of serial stories! I like to sink my teeth in to a story, but I can't resist the urge of reading and following each and every serial that comes out in every magazine. I guess I'm just thirsty for reading!

I agree with you 100%. I found myself trying to look into hints from EG about Adler's status.
Hidden: 

such as Caro looking at a a picture this week and Wolf is last 'seen' looking at a picture...I couldn't help but wonder if it was an illusion to Adler being alive..
The story didn't seem so full this week but given the history of EG's writing, good things are on the way.. If it's my way, Adler will be found by Obermeyer who is in the North for some reason and they'll happily be reunited. You hear EG? Wink

sunny90

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 3:21 am
It never says Wolf is dead, it just says that they're assuming he's dead. Big difference!
I can't believe that she'd kill him off, he's such a pivotal character!

Does anyone know if they plan to end the story at Pesach time (like they usually do?)?

supermama2

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 5:34 am
EG would have to wrap up a lot of loose ends to finish this by Pesach. I don't think she'll kill the story that fast.

supermama2

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:10 pm
EG if you do not put some "life" into this soon, I'm going to... Oh I shan't bear it. PLEASE have some mercy here!!!! Adler?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 1:34 pm
sunny90 wrote:
It never says Wolf is dead, it just says that they're assuming he's dead. Big difference!
I can't believe that she'd kill him off, he's such a pivotal character!

Does anyone know if they plan to end the story at Pesach time (like they usually do?)?

It says it straight out, in the introduction a few weeks back. It says the battle of the wilderness, at which Wolf was killed and Mose was wounded. Something like that.
Page 9 of 32   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 30  31  32  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room