Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Grey Lines (Binah Serial by EGSchwartz)
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 30  31  32  Next

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 10:53 pm
The aunt and uncle's farfrumpte daughter who moved to Europe to seek a properly chasidish suitor?
Or daughter of Caro's father's long lost sibling we have never heard of, who is the reason he has a bit of a soft spot for the Orthodoxy business?

Aetrsnrady

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 11:00 pm
A shidduch for Obermeyer?

The protagonist in the prequel/sequel that is going to debut in the mega Pesach issue?? Very Happy

Scotty, the suspense is killing me! You have no idea how I look forward to Mondays when my Binah arrives.

supermama2

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 12:14 am
Considering someone near to me calls women's going on about a topic "clucking" I am slighted by your chickens Scotty. Tongue Out

My enthusiasm has been squashed to a wee chick after Wolf's exit but I think this story is great enough to hold on a bit longer. If you said good things cometh "ja" I would think Wolf alive but saying "mmmmm" makes me think you are speaking of Obermeyer. Ma laasot..

supermama2

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 12:16 am
I think she meant that Yachet is someone she knows irl.

OR she is similar to a character she has written before.

Zehava

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 5:06 am
She can't be Simons daughter if she's wolfs sister

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 10:05 am
Miri1 wrote:
Blanche's German grandmother? I can't remember if she got a name in Shortchanged...

Nope, she was Bubbie Shayna.

Zehava

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 11:02 am
Gosh imagine I say one word and people interpret it in ten different ways. I have to hand it to Scotty though. Even though I do have a talent for writing I realized it takes a lot more than talent to write. And I admire her for really working hard on her serials.

supermama2

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 1:59 am
Re Zehavah's last post, I think EG WANTS us to interpret her words different ways to keep us on our toes so to speak. I don't know her personally but this has been my assumption which in a way makes the story even more interesting. Smile

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:02 am
Siiiiiighhhhhh, Scotty, you did NOT just leave us with that cliffhanger for 2 1/2 weeks now.

Oh well.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 12:24 pm
Er, I believe she did.
I tore open the Pesach package in the middle of my non-pesachdik house just to get to that!

rise above

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 8:29 am
Hidden: 

Pretty ghastly way of leaving of all...
Because this is a serial story and not real life, they can't all just perish away, so we know we're up to some sort of turning point here.
I love how EG plays out the voices of Noah and Wolf in Caro's head, I think it was done very authentically this chapter.

supermama2

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 12:02 am
I agree, simply ghastly...

There will not be another issue erev pesach right? Looks like a two week wait then..

lifesagift

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 12:52 am
OMG, don't tell me - Mose's fiance? She's been softening up Mose + mother now, but wow, she'll need to work really hard to make me "agree" to this match. BTW, I'm still pissed at her for murdering Volf. Oh well, she creates them... I

supermama2

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 9:32 am
lifesagift lol... I'm a bit perturbed also at the loss of Wolf. Maybe he's still around..

Scotty

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:50 am
Juicy chapter tomorrow!!!!!
(Actually wrote it as the pesach edition chapter - alwaus try to make the biggie issue chapters special- but lost count somehow and it ended up as post-pesach issue.)

Lots of really really fun developments in the next few weeks. Salivating just thinking about it.

Oh, and happy rumplenacht wishes to all from Adler.

losingweight

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:58 am
We are soooo looking forward!!! I didn't even know there's a binah tomorrow. Yay!!!

windowsill

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 6:22 pm
Can't wait!
And I thought I'll miss out on buying this weeks as I have sooooo much left over to read from yt..!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 8:18 pm
I couldnt find any juice . we're still at the same ol' status quo. I'm disappointed.

OhWow!

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 8:48 pm
Same here! Sad

Maybe it's the change in Caro's view and commitment to Yiddishkeit? Still not juicy enough...

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:42 pm
Uh, Scotty...

Hidden: 

Why is FATHER with Becca and Adler???!!!
Page 11 of 32   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 30  31  32  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room