Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Grey Lines (Binah Serial by EGSchwartz)
  Previous  1  2  3 20  21  22 30  31  32  Next

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 4:23 pm
I'm in the country & dont hav ea binah yet Sad

sunny90

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 4:26 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm in the country & dont hav ea binah yet Sad

Awww...

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 4:27 pm
Nothing dramatic. But in the mental/emotional realm things are falling into place... still.

sunny90

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 4:32 pm
How on earth can nothing dramatic happen if there are only five weeks left?
Don't tell me they're only going to see each other again in the last chapter...

penguin

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 11:48 pm
As there is no news from MB (and I am not going to ask my Mom if she's done reading her Binah, as an exercise in self-control) I would like to go on record as being disappointed that a person with Scotty's originality can't come up with an appropriate avatar.

Or, rather, I am sure she could, but perhaps doesn't find it worth spending the time to create it.

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 12:13 am
Well, assuming your 5-week timeline is accurate, it still only takes one week for them to meet, one more week for them to reconnect, and one week to wrap things up. That leaves two more weeks for assorted other things to happen or not happen.

Hidden: 

father
had better make this shidduch before
Hidden: 

anyone moves to a different state,
is all I'm sayin'.

losingweight

Post Tue, Jul 08 2014, 12:43 am
I still see plenty loose ends. I hope it all falls into place nicely. Also Scotty, who IS Yachet??

supermama2

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 7:26 am
NU? Smile

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 7:29 am
supermama2 wrote:
NU? Smile

Hey good morning to u too. It's 7:28 am here in ny. Does anyone read their binah so early? LOL

supermama2

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 7:38 am
amother wrote:
Hey good morning to u too. It's 7:28 am here in ny. Does anyone read their binah so early? LOL

coffee Well you are on imamother already so thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 9:14 am
During the winter I read my binah at 7 am on monday. I'm in the country now, and unfortunately my grocery store does not sell the binah here Sad so I have to wait until thursday night when my husband brings it out to read it.... pinkt now during the final nailbiting issues...

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 9:58 am
I didn't get my Binah this morning, so they are going to mail me a copy. now I will have to be patient Exploding anger

blossoming flower

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:01 am
ok, ok. I got the Binah. It's getting juicy... I devoured the words so fast, I hope I didn't miss anything Wink

Hidden: 

So Mose figures out from father that Adler is indeed alive. He goes down to meet Adler the next day. They have an emotional reunion. Adler still thinks that Caro is dead. Mose does not correct him, for fear of him marrying Caro! So they part. Mose gets home to furious Mother who tells him that Caro is packing to leave to Philadelphia. Mother begs Mose to stop Caro from leaving, and find her someone to marry!

I wonder how this will play out....

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:38 am
Okay that is already pretty stupid!!!!!!!!!!! I love EG's writing but this plot twist? Cmon. This is just to push more time... Cmooooonnn EG, this isnt a drama or sticom on TV.... Wink Wink

supermama2

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:18 pm
Next week: Caro packing, mother yelling, Mose walks in and can not take the fighting any longer "CARO...( he hesitates ) ...Adler is ALIVE"

Aetrsnrady

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 2:54 pm
I think Father will take care of it. Wink

chocolate fondue

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 5:14 pm
I guess that's Scotty's way of getting Mother to approve the marriage.

Miri1

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 7:22 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Okay that is already pretty stupid!!!!!!!!!!! I love EG's writing but this plot twist? Cmon. This is just to push more time... Cmooooonnn EG, this isnt a drama or sticom on TV.... Wink Wink

Hey, could you reserve comments like these until you've actually read it?

I actually think it's quite realistic. If they had met up three weeks ago and gotten engaged, that would have been unrealistic, and a poor plot.
Things don't happen in such a straightforward way, they unfold, all over the place. In real life there are all sorts of strange "twists of fate", that enable or prevent things from happening, and people from meeting at any given time. We just don't know about them because we are part of the story, and not the ones reading it.

And
Hidden: 

Mose doesn't just not tell him. He only realizes the misunderstanding after a frustrating conversation with Adler, and then Obermeier makes an appearance.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:45 pm
Okay that makes more sense. I thought he was just quietly letting adler continue his assumption.

I wont have the binah until thurs night.... the downside of going up to the country...

sunny90

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 3:52 am
FINALLY something is happening!
Hidden: 

Although how hard would it have been for Mose to blurt out "My sister isn't dead!"
And who says Mother will approve of this? They'll probably just get married and move to Philadelphia anyway.

How many more weeks will this be anyway? Three?
Page 21 of 32   Previous  1  2  3 20  21  22 30  31  32  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room