Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Grey Lines (Binah Serial by EGSchwartz)
  Previous  1  2  3 25  26  27 30  31  32  Next

losingweight

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 11:18 am
So is Yachet the garlic loving widow Polin?? Or was Louis the baby brother of Yidel?? Or was he Gellas nephew?? Help me Scotty please. I'm confused!!

supermama2

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 11:28 am
Since I see that you ladies will not share so much on this juicy week, I'll have to just comb Full Harvest to figure out who Louis is...

losingweight

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 11:33 am
Ssupermama I read the epilogue only. Can't share too much. Also, how do I make hidden text?

sunny90

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 11:48 am
Okay, I don't want to hear anything about the epilogue, but I don't own the Full Harvest book, so someone please say who Louis Polin is!
I was sure it was the deceased Mr. Polin (Yidel's father).

supermama2

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:07 pm
losingweight wrote:
Ssupermama I read the epilogue only. Can't share too much. Also, how do I make hidden text?

Groan...According to MBear we should have 5 more weeks right??
Sorry, not sure how to make a hidden text...

Sunny90 I have the book and am trying to scan it here but no luck yet.

losingweight

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:11 pm
This weeks ending. Sorry I called it epilogue

sunny90

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:25 pm
Wait, so was this week the meeting or the epilogue? Or both?

ShloimysMommy

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:56 pm
... and they all lived religiously ever after...

Now will someone tell me -- WHO is Louis Polin???? Surely not late lamented husband of Widow Polin (making that Yachet) because he came from Europe & would have had more "Yiddish" name than "Louis". One of Widow Polin's sons? Making Caro & Gella (and Rosie) all be Yachet's sisters in law?

Miri1

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 2:15 pm
I think it is widow Polin's husband. Who says he came from Europe? And if he did, he may certainly have Americanized his name in the army. So his name being Louis doesn't mean it's not him. He may have been Leyzer or something like that.
I think Full Harvest took place around the turn of the century, or early 1900's - is that correct Scotty. If Gella's youngest child was at the liberation, then I think that makes sense...

So Louis Polin could very likely be the the widow's husband....

Now, as for Mose, he is one determined shadchan!!

losingweight

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:46 pm
He would rather be Rosie's child making her Yachets Shvigger!!!

Miri1

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:07 pm
How would that be possible?
Aren't we talking about the 1870's?
Gella had a son who was at the liberation of Buchenwald!

blossoming flower

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:12 pm
Is the last chapter?? Is next week the dessert? I really hope so, cuz' I'm left with a feeling of "we need to read more". I don't feel full yet.
I need a nice juicy ending. Can we see more of their life together? I'd love to see them actually meet for the first time. Please make a 'flash-back' sequel. Please...

I totally feel like Caro and Adler are part of my life now!! I'd love to meet them in person Wink

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 5:34 pm
It was the last chapter. Our original impression was correct that it would be; false hope thinking it wasn't.

I will not post spoilers, only say - No surprises Sad
Not Sad because anything really bad or sad happened, just that I was disappointed not to have any more interesting twists thrown in. There were some enjoyable lines but that's all. Otherwise just tying everything up with a cutesy bow. Kind of like I hated the Harry Potter epilogue; same reason (this one was better, actually. But I just have the same distaste for "ten years later, happily ever after -ish")

dr. pepper

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 6:22 pm
blossoming flower wrote:
Is the last chapter?? Is next week the dessert? I really hope so, cuz' I'm left with a feeling of "we need to read more". I don't feel full yet.
I need a nice juicy ending. Can we see more of their life together? I'd love to see them actually meet for the first time. Please make a 'flash-back' sequel. Please...

I totally feel like Caro and Adler are part of my life now!! I'd love to meet them in person Wink

Exactly my sentiments. I would have loved to have seen their meeting! Oh...that would have been hilarious to read.

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:51 pm
dr. pepper wrote:
Exactly my sentiments. I would have loved to have seen their meeting! Oh...that would have been hilarious to read.
I'm hoping that's dessert. Really disappointing to skip all the details of their reunion. But considering what past "desserts" have been, it'll probably involve the Grey Lines meeting the Full Harvest cast. Which is cute n all but a little too corny for me, I prefer to keep my stories separate most of the time.

sunny90

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 11:16 pm
Oh darn, I just had a feeling the meeting would be skipped...
Went to my makolet this morning to buy it and THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT YET!!!
Chutzpah. This week of all weeks...

supermama2

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 11:24 pm
Wonder of wonders Sunny90, it must be a conspiracy b/c it's not at my local makolet either...I checked TWO places! Exploding anger

I too wanted to read their meeting. Scotty, can you tickle our reading fancy and whip up a few lines of the first meeting between Wolf and Caro here? I'd love to read how he fumbles in his charming Bavarian way Smile

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 6:54 am
It was a bit anticlimactic after all the build up. But I'm glad they got married. I'm still hoping there'll be some dessert next week...

Miri1

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 7:41 am
Widow Polin would be a fascinating character to explore some time in the future, especially if it is in fact Yachet. I think we haven't heard the end of her...

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 7:46 am
I was really hoping to meet Uncle Simon's family.

Scotty, no deal! We want more!
Page 26 of 32   Previous  1  2  3 25  26  27 30  31  32  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room