Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Need Restaurant in Baltimore-fancy and vegetarian food

elisecohen

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 7:48 pm
My sister is graduating medical school this week and since we can't be at the graduation (Friday pm in Baltimore--we live over an hour away), we want to take her and her husband out to dinner during this week. We want somewhere fancy but where they won't be appalled that we're bringing our 5 kids (who will behave well--or else). The other thing is that they have to have vegetarian dishes on the menu--my sister is a strict vegetarian. Any ideas? I've heard about David Chu's or La Brasserie--do either of these fit the bill, especially about having veggie options on the menu?

stem

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 7:53 pm
We used to live in Baltimore. The two restaurants that you mentioned are fleishig and the only vegetarian things they have is maybe a salad. brasserie has good fish if she eats that. I would feel uncomfortable bringing kids to the brasserie because it's fancy, but I've seen other people do it.
I would recommend Cafe 921, it's milchig and has a great selection of dairy, parve and a great salad bar and soups. It's a nice and elegant ambience, and family friendly. It's much nicer than a pizza-shop but not as fancy as the brasserie.

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 4:28 pm
The Brasserie does have fish and pasta dishes. David Chu's is Chinese- so it's mostly meat dishes, but you could get lo mein and I know they have vegetable eggrolls! You could bring kids to either place. Cafe 921- haven't really been there much, but it's nowhere near "fancy" - nobody waits on you- you get the food yourself. Royal Restaraunt has American, Chinese, Israeli... not super fancy, but they do wait on you and I heard it was re-done recently, so maybe it is nicer. (Can take kids there, too) There's also a new place called Accents- don't know much about it, but you can check out their website!
Call these places and ask them to fax you a menu:
Brasserie: 410-580-1333
David Chu's: 410-602-5008
Royal: 410-484-3544
Accents: 410-602-2224 http://accentsgrill.com/

elisecohen

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 9:12 pm
Thanks so much! I knew there was supposed to be a new place but couldn't find my copy of the Advertiser and couldn't remember what it's called!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics