Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Kindergarten girl's backpack
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 3:55 am
Okay, I'm posting as amother because I'm embarrassed to be so shallow, but my first daughter is starting kindergarten next week and I want her to have the same kind of backpack as everyone else. What are people sending? Hello Kitty? Dora? Pink or not pink? Patterned or not? THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES!!

cinnamon

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 5:01 am
It probably changes by location...
My dd had a light pink hello kitty backpack when she was three. In the begginig of the summer (she was six) I got her a hot pink strawberry shortcake one and passed the hello kitty one to my 2.5 year old who now takes it to gan.

I live in chareidi israel.

DrMom

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 6:02 am
I'm DL and live in Israel.

I don't like buying "character" merchandise, so my daughter has a cute backpack that looks like a bumblebee.

Tablepoetry

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 7:24 am
I let my kids choose what they like at that age.

paprika

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 7:31 am
A new company came out with suede breifcases. I love the look, especially the burgundy one.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 7:44 am
Hello Kitty is everywhere in Chareidi stores nowadays! Lalalooopsy would be more original, but I saw only one product in one store. Pink is always in for girls!

Barbara

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 9:28 am
paprika wrote:
A new company came out with suede breifcases. I love the look, especially the burgundy one.

I'm honestly not picking on you, but in my lexicon, a briefcase is this:

I cannot imagine a child carrying such a thing, but I see the term used all the time here. Does it mean something else to you?

(And FTR, I also cannot imagine a small child carrying a suede bag. Wouldn't it be stained and destroyed within weeks?)

GetReal

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 10:27 am
Barbara, for some reason "briefcase" means "backpack" in some frum dialects.

Suede for a bag sounds really hard to keep clean.

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 10:40 am
While we're on the subject, where do you buy them? I want with no characters, just a generic design. Everything I see in stores is BIG. My preschooler is tiny compared to those. I remember having a cute little one when I was a kid. Would prefer not to spend too much, either. Any hint?

Barbara

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 10:57 am
GetReal wrote:
Barbara, for some reason "briefcase" means "backpack" in some frum dialects.

Suede for a bag sounds really hard to keep clean.

thanks.

anon for this

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 11:17 am
seeker wrote:
While we're on the subject, where do you buy them? I want with no characters, just a generic design. Everything I see in stores is BIG. My preschooler is tiny compared to those. I remember having a cute little one when I was a kid. Would prefer not to spend too much, either. Any hint?

I saw cute, small backpacks, wihtout licensed characters, at A.C. Moore. I don't know the price, but you can print a 40% (sometimes 50%) off coupon from their website that will make it cheaper.

shmaichul

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 1:32 pm
I got my daughter a Belvah backpack. They are really cute and have all kinds of fun designs. You can look on amazon or I actually got hers very cheap NWT on ebay. 

abaker

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 4:53 pm
seeker wrote:

http://www.landsend.com/produc.....54888

how about something like this?

amother

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 5:04 pm
I bought a really cute one from Hana Anderson.

Shuly

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 5:35 pm
The Children's Place has some really cute ones on sale:

Girl Backpacks

MamaBear

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 6:40 pm
I think character stuff is incredibly tacky. Just my opinion.

I buy llbean for all my kids, the matching lunch box too. And it lasts years....

amother

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 8:30 pm
OP

Thanks, everyone, especially for the links! I think I'll get one of the children's place ones.

forever21

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 8:42 pm
OP, just take your daughter with you and let her choose her own! If she gets one she likes I dont think she'll care what kind of knapsack everyone else has.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 8:44 pm
seeker wrote:

They sell the little ones in 99cent stores. I also saw in QuickAid Pharmacy on 13th avenue and 39th street.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 8:51 pm
Most preschoolers get the Hello Kitty backpacks. They come in like three sizes. You need a medium size bag. The small sizes are for toddlers.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics