Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Freelancer.com or elance.com

smilingmom

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 6:14 pm
Did anyone use any of these companies or similar outsourcing.
The prices are so reasonable and the reviews great.

Any experience?
TIA

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 7:55 pm
I've used elance a few times. Some companies are easier to work with than others, but overall I've been happy with the end result. You will need more patience if dealing with a company based in India.

smilingmom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2013, 9:23 pm
Thanks. I used elance and was happy with the results and the price. I will definitely use them again.

mimiz

Post Sun, Sep 01 2013, 10:26 pm
Can I use elance for artwork done for a book? Anyone has experience?

Hydrangea

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 12:28 am
I've used Elance many times with mixed results. What I have learned is that if working with someone from India or Pakistan you need a lot of patience (most of the time). It is a different culture and time means something different to them! I have had better luck with those from the US, Europe, South America etc.

Once you start getting proposals it is important to check the freelancer's job history. It is not enough to check their ratings on the jobs they have completed. More telling is how many jobs were canceled. In all likelihood if many jobs were canceled it was due to the employer's request because the provider could not keep anywhere near deadline or did not have the expertise needed.

Despite the drawbacks I still go back to Elance when certain work is needed as I prefer it to Freelancer.

Good luck!

sunspot

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 10:20 am
I have had work successfully completed on elance. for data entry I find that India and countries like that are fine but if I need skilled work I only work with people from North american and British companies and b'h have been very happy.

MMCH

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 10:53 am
I just signed up with freelance. com
I havent done any work yet, but im a little confused.
some people were offering $1.50 for a article editing?
is that possible?

smilingmom

Post Tue, Sep 03 2013, 11:08 am
MMCH wrote:
is that possible?

It depends where they are from, in Sri Lanka it is a decent salary for a 1/2 days work. The hourly minimum wage is 29 cents per hour.

sara53

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 12:16 am
Im curious about something, if someone could help I would appreciate it. On elance can I post a job, in order to see if its possible to be done and what it will cost.

Then see if I have clients to pay, or must I be ready to hire and pay as soon as I post it...

Hydrangea

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 12:43 am
smilingmom wrote:
MMCH wrote:
is that possible?

It depends where they are from, in Sri Lanka it is a decent salary for a 1/2 days work. The hourly minimum wage is 29 cents per hour.

Personally I would never hire anyone from outside the US, England, Australia etc. for anything that has to do with editing or writing. Their English is simply not the same as ours. I receive emails from contractors addressing me as "Honored Madam" LOL and it continues in the same fashion.

Hydrangea

Post Wed, Sep 04 2013, 12:48 am
sara53 wrote:
Im curious about something, if someone could help I would appreciate it. On elance can I post a job, in order to see if its possible to be done and what it will cost.

Then see if I have clients to pay, or must I be ready to hire and pay as soon as I post it...

You can do that but keep in mind that if you have too many jobs that you did not hire a freelancer for it could work against you in the future. Some of the good freelancers will not bother submitting proposals if they see that you have many jobs that were never awarded.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics