Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Boro Park q: Kensington vs. high 19/20s

amother

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 3:07 pm
I'd like to get some info on both plz. Im looking for something quiet, relaxed, friendly & cool/relaxed atmosphere. Thanks
And y u would choose 1 over the other. Thank you

amother

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 3:32 pm
I live in the mid-50s 19 and 20. Love it. Recommend it. Don't know about Kensington though so can't compare.

amother bec. location

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 5:56 pm
I personally feel that a lot of the frum kensington is either with muslims or near the tracks.
I live in the "uppers" and b'h happy.
It is quite full though so kensington might be less 'jewish'

amother

Post Fri, Aug 30 2013, 6:43 pm
In Kensington and love it. My block is totally frum. We are a 15-20 minute walk to ave J and coney island and the same distance to 13 ave and 50 street so you can walk everywhere. People are nice here and there is no keeping up with the Jones.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 5:01 pm
its been a few days, can anyone else help me plz choose a place to move? thank you

amother

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 5:51 pm
amother wrote:
In Kensington and love it. My block is totally frum. We are a 15-20 minute walk to ave J and coney island and the same distance to 13 ave and 50 street so you can walk everywhere. People are nice here and there is no keeping up with the Jones.

All of this, except my block is mostly, but not totally frum and it is near the tracks.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 7:42 pm
I love the no pressure atmosphere of kensington.There is no peer pressure of having just the right brands... Regarding neighbors it really depends on the individual block a lot are mostly jewish but some are mixed.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 9:22 pm
Not op, but I also had a q about kensington.
Do most of the frum families who live there own their home or rent? If they rent, do they do that long term? or is it like a transient community? Because I seem to hear/see that homes are very expensive to buy in kensington.

Can anyone weigh in?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
Not op, but I also had a q about kensington.
Do most of the frum families who live there own their home or rent? If they rent, do they do that long term? or is it like a transient community? Because I seem to hear/see that homes are very expensive to buy in kensington.

Can anyone weigh in?

you have some owners and some renters
a sfar as I know the prices are still cheaper than boro park though they are not what I would call cheap
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating