Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Supper Ideas for a Year! Be a part of it!
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next

sarahd

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:03 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H2WNRE0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00H2WNRE0&linkCode=as2&tag=selflink-20

No recipes were actually listed on there, just pics.

wispalover was referring to the Facebook page, not the amazon link. I wonder what happened to the enthusiastic customer review that was on amazon yesterday.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:05 pm
backses wrote:
Yes, the cookbook is the one being sold at DB. I don't know which one wispalover saw on Facebook but there are none of the menus posted on there so she couldn't have seen that. and just because there's no way of knowing who busy as a bee is or what happened to her is not a reason to jump to conclusions and accuse people of being horrible and bashing their work. There are mysteries in life but that's no reason to lose common decency towards another human being without even trying to contact them for the facts. And I am more then happy to tell you the truth if you want to ask a question and not just speculate.

I am so sorry that you were mistakenly pulled into this mess. Sad

wispalover

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:06 pm
backses wrote:
Yes, the cookbook is the one being sold at DB. I don't know which one wispalover saw on Facebook but there are none of the menus posted on there so she couldn't have seen that. and just because there's no way of knowing who busy as a bee is or what happened to her is not a reason to jump to conclusions and accuse people of being horrible and bashing their work. There are mysteries in life but that's no reason to lose common decency towards another human being without even trying to contact them for the facts. And I am more then happy to tell you the truth if you want to ask a question and not just speculate.

Hi. I will ask some questions if that is OK.

First, I want to promise you I have seen a link to some of the menus, and they are in the exact same format given on the beginning of this thread- do you agree?

Second, when did you start thinking about making a book? Noone bashed your work, but you have to realise that we were all really upset that Busy as a Bee disappeared, did not respond to emails and then we see a book almost exactly the same as the one we all sent to after Busy as a Bee disappeared.

Third, If you are not Busy as a Bee, then is it possible Busy as a Bee was trying to help you gather recipes in some way and tried using us to assist you without you knowing?

Fourth, is it possible someone got wind of what you were trying to do and decided to create her own? This is just too weird to be a coincidence. Really.

Fifth, if you were indeed a victim of circumstance and it really is all a coincidence I, for one, would like to apologise for accusing you of stealing our work.

Success10

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:08 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
Raisin wrote:
if it is privately published I doubt she is making much money off it. She will have to pay herself for each book she prints, probably at least $15 if not more, and arrange all the distribution, which so far seems to be some random businesses she has a connection to. She will make a few dollars off each book she sells.

I don't think what she did is right, and she could so easily have been upfront and honest: I am self publishing a cookbook, send me your ideas and I can let you have a cookbook at cost price. Or if I make enough money maybe even for free.

But I really doubt she is getting rich off this.

Which makes what she did even stupider. She makes the entire Imamother annoyed at her and becomes known as a scamster and someone not to trust for maybe a few dollars.

This clear lack of a motive is only evidence to the fact that she's probably telling the truth. The accusations you people are making are not logical.

I don't know who busyasabee is, but she probably got this great idea in her head, meant well, but then life got in the way. She may even sign on tomorrow and say "sorry guys, sorry for the delay, I'm done with the cookbook now!"

wispalover

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:10 pm
OK, and I have one more follow up question.

Here is a recipe I received from someone:

Strawberry Salad with Pink Yogurt Dressing
Salad:
(Calls for spinach leaves which are hard to find so I substitute for romaine)
1 bag Bodek Romaine Lettuce
1 lb strawberries- quartered
1 mango- sliced
1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
1 cup crasins
*granola- optional

Dressing:
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 Tbsp smooth strawberry jam
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
1 Tbsp poppy seed (may omit)

Method:
In a large bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Add the salad ingredients and serve immediately.

Here is a link to this salad on your FB page. Are you really suggesting this is not the same salad?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....nk-20

gp2.0

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:16 pm
wispalover wrote:
OK, and I have one more follow up question.

Here is a recipe I received from someone:

Strawberry Salad with Pink Yogurt Dressing
Salad:
(Calls for spinach leaves which are hard to find so I substitute for romaine)
1 bag Bodek Romaine Lettuce
1 lb strawberries- quartered
1 mango- sliced
1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
1 cup crasins
*granola- optional

Dressing:
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 Tbsp smooth strawberry jam
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
1 Tbsp poppy seed (may omit)

Method:
In a large bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Add the salad ingredients and serve immediately.

Here is a link to this salad on your FB page. Are you really suggesting this is not the same salad?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....nk-20

I don't see any craisins or nuts in that photo...

Strawberry mango salad with pink yogurt dressing is not a new recipe to me. I've seen it before.

sarahd

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:16 pm
It looks like the same salad but to be fair, I doubt that the person who submitted the recipe on Imamother made it up. It seems fairly clear that she got the recipe elsewhere ("Calls for spinach leaves which are hard to find so I substitute for romaine")

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:17 pm
Success10 wrote:
SplitPea wrote:

I think by now she has plenary of opportunity to tell her site of the story......

It depends if she's watching this board or not, I'm guessing not. She's not the shaitel lady....

it's beginning to sound a lot like it Wink

one poster disappears - a new poster comes on ... yael's information explained absolutementa nada

backses

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:22 pm
like I said I am more then happy to answer your questions:
Firstly I don't know how you received a "link" to my menus as they were never posted online since I am trying to actually sell this cookbook but if you look closely at the menus-they aren't even all in the same format so I'm not sure what you are referring to that is the same as was suggested?
Secondly I began thinking about this book and working on it in January - I'm not sure when this thread was started and while I can understand you all being upset at this busy as a bee person (who I don't know, I don't like at this point, and was not in any way shape or form doing anything for me) can you read back at the things being said about ME personally on this thread and not understand why I would be extremely upset??? I understand being frustrated but if it's not the cookbook you were bashing it is me personally as a person which is even more upsetting to find some random people online that you odn't even know sitting and saying you're a scammer, a liar and a thief!!! someone even mentioned something about shidduchim I mean seriously?! This is sinas chinum at the heart of it - you don't even know me, nobody tried to contact me yet you are all sitting hating on me for no reason... this I find quite hurtful
If someone did get wind of what I was doing and try to do it on her own before I managed to, that would be extremely hurtful and upsetting to me as well but I am unaware of that being the case.
And finally, as I said before, that salad IS NOT THE SAME THING!!!! it has absolutely nothing in common other then the lettuce and fruit which is in many many salads!
I am sorry if this is coming across a bit harsh but it's very disturbing to find out that a group of people are talking about you behind your back not even knowing who you are and degrading something you worked very hard on for months and had I not chanced upon this through a friend of a friend I wouldn't even be able to defend myself because nobody tried to contact me directly!
Thank you for listening.

wispalover

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:23 pm
gp2.0 wrote:

Strawberry mango salad with pink yogurt dressing is not a new recipe to me. I've seen it before.

She said, in her letter, that this salad was "something totally different". I was just trying to explain my point.

I already apologised if she is innocent and this whole mess is, frankly, leaving a really sour taste in my mouth.

I still feel this is way too much of coincidence, but I generally try to take people at their word. I would hope noone is so hard up that they would resort to gnaiva daas, so I am willing to accept that Bracha is who she says she is. I just know that going forward I am going to be much more careful in how I use this site.

wispalover

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:32 pm
backses wrote:
like I said I am more then happy to answer your questions:
Firstly I don't know how you received a "link" to my menus as they were never posted online since I am trying to actually sell this cookbook but if you look closely at the menus-they aren't even all in the same format so I'm not sure what you are referring to that is the same as was suggested?
Secondly I began thinking about this book and working on it in January - I'm not sure when this thread was started and while I can understand you all being upset at this busy as a bee person (who I don't know, I don't like at this point, and was not in any way shape or form doing anything for me) can you read back at the things being said about ME personally on this thread and not understand why I would be extremely upset??? I understand being frustrated but if it's not the cookbook you were bashing it is me personally as a person which is even more upsetting to find some random people online that you odn't even know sitting and saying you're a scammer, a liar and a thief!!! someone even mentioned something about shidduchim I mean seriously?! This is sinas chinum at the heart of it - you don't even know me, nobody tried to contact me yet you are all sitting hating on me for no reason... this I find quite hurtful
If someone did get wind of what I was doing and try to do it on her own before I managed to, that would be extremely hurtful and upsetting to me as well but I am unaware of that being the case.
And finally, as I said before, that salad IS NOT THE SAME THING!!!! it has absolutely nothing in common other then the lettuce and fruit which is in many many salads!
I am sorry if this is coming across a bit harsh but it's very disturbing to find out that a group of people are talking about you behind your back not even knowing who you are and degrading something you worked very hard on for months and had I not chanced upon this through a friend of a friend I wouldn't even be able to defend myself because nobody tried to contact me directly!
Thank you for listening.

Again, I can only apologise for myself, which I do.

When people contacted you, if you are/ had you been "busy as a bee" what exactly would you expect that poster to respond? "Yes, hi you caught me. Good job?"

And finally- the shidduchim thing is a joke. If you have any inclination you can look around the site and see the dichotomies in existence here.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:38 pm
wispalover wrote:
gp2.0 wrote:

She said, in her letter, that this salad was "something totally different". I was just trying to explain my point.

I already apologised if she is innocent and this whole mess is, frankly, leaving a really sour taste in my mouth.

I still feel this is way too much of coincidence, but I generally try to take people at their word. I would hope noone is so hard up that they would resort to gnaiva daas, so I am willing to accept that Bracha is who she says she is. I just know that going forward I am going to be much more careful in how I use this site.

A quick google of strawberry mango salads with pink dressing brings up tons of recipes using those ingredients, and many recipes are totally different. Like one recipe has hearts of palm and mandarin oranges while another has red onion and pecans and another has walnuts and pineapple...

Coincidences are what happen when the mind is focused on a specific thing. Like when you discover a new word, like egregious, and suddenly you start seeing it everywhere. Or when you start researching cars and suddenly you see the same model car everywhere. It's just your mind paying attention to specific things.

I believe that you saw menus in a specific format that led you to be suspicious. However I did not see anything like that - so based on the evidence I see - there is little evidence to support the claims. And even when there is a lot of evidence - we are meant to judge favorably.

She did not even make a cookbook that is like the original premise - a year's worth of suppers. Instead she made a month's worth of menus. Why not use all the recipes, if she had so many?

backses

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:39 pm
There is very little I can further do to verify who I am, if anyone would like to meet me and discuss this in person I am more than happy to do it. And no, I'd assume if someone would do that they wouldn't reply "oh you caught me" but I personally try to always give people the benefit of the doubt in which case someone could have contacted me and I could have cleared up all of this before things were said about me which I am not deserving of for any reason.

Liba

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:42 pm
Backses, if you don't mind sharing, I would love the recipe for that salad dressed in pink!

Thanks. Heart

balibusta

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:43 pm
Well she did get publicty for the cookbook from this.. most of us wouldn't have ever heard of the book esp since its not advertised and sold all over like most cookbooks around..

Success10

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:45 pm
Yea, I kinda want to buy her cookbook now...

abound

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:45 pm
I apologize for the hurt you are feeling, I believe you. The one reason that I do believe you is because there is no way you could have put together this cook book in such a short time.
I am sorry for the aggravation you are having.

Tova

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:47 pm
wispalover wrote:
backses wrote:

Hi. I will ask some questions if that is OK.

First, I want to promise you I have seen a link to some of the menus, and they are in the exact same format given on the beginning of this thread- do you agree?

Second, when did you start thinking about making a book? Noone bashed your work, but you have to realise that we were all really upset that Busy as a Bee disappeared, did not respond to emails and then we see a book almost exactly the same as the one we all sent to after Busy as a Bee disappeared.

Third, If you are not Busy as a Bee, then is it possible Busy as a Bee was trying to help you gather recipes in some way and tried using us to assist you without you knowing?

Fourth, is it possible someone got wind of what you were trying to do and decided to create her own? This is just too weird to be a coincidence. Really.

Fifth, if you were indeed a victim of circumstance and it really is all a coincidence I, for one, would like to apologise for accusing you of stealing our work.

Wispalover, do you really consider this an apology? You attempt to apologize at the end of a whole post, and don't even give an unconditional apology but after an "if.........." statement. I don't mean to be offensive, but I don't even have to be Bracha to not be able to accept such an apology. Nor would I believe it fulfills the halachic requirement of "shoel m'chaveiro."

Frankly I just was reading all the drama in this thread early this morning as I was feeding my infant and I was really really surprised (even before Yael and Bracha chimed in) at all the jumping to conclusions, naming and discrediting a real live person.

Success10

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:48 pm
This is for sure the most dramatic thread in the entire Recipe Collection forum...

wispalover

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 12:52 pm
Tova wrote:

Wispalover, do you really consider this an apology? You attempt to apologize at the end of a whole post, and don't even give an unconditional apology but after an "if.........." statement. I don't mean to be offensive, but I don't even have to be Bracha to not be able to accept such an apology. Nor would I believe it fulfills the halachic requirement of "shoel m'chaveiro."

Frankly I just was reading all the drama in this thread early this morning as I was feeding my infant and I was really really surprised (even before Yael and Bracha chimed in) at all the jumping to conclusions, naming and discrediting a real live person.

No. I consider it asking questions as she invited us to do.

Do you honestly believe Yael was not involved in this every step of the way?
Page 10 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus