Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hotel for Pesach

amother

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 10:12 pm
My parents are taking us to a hotel for Pesach. They are leaving it up to us to decide which hotel to choose. Any recommendations? We want to remain in NY. Cost is not a factor. Anyone know which places have good food, nice rooms, nice grounds, good management?

S.Shcwartz

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 10:17 pm
The one in Conneticut, not sure what the name was, sounds good. Or there was one in Westchester.

OH and Ocean Plaza Resort in NJ. Amazing.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 10:21 pm
Does anyone have a kosher non gebrochs place to go, with program for kids 2 and 3 years old, place to relax and have vacation after 4 years of not having any?

And not toooo expensive? We are looking to ask for a loan, but we cannot ask for much...

taffy

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 10:31 pm
I'm getting confused, with second amother around....
I'm the OP, S.Schwartz, thanks for the recommendation, but I'd like to remain within NY.

taffy

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 3:50 pm
bumping

3Qts

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 3:54 pm
Buy a Jewish Press. There are tons out there

taffy

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 4:04 pm
Thank you 3qts, I did buy the JP, and that's when the confusion set in.....
There are so many advertisements, all of them claim to be 'the best', so I want to hear from the ladies on here, if anyone's had personal experience at any of these hotels.....thank you!

shalhevet

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 4:52 pm
amother wrote:
My parents are taking us to a hotel for Pesach. They are leaving it up to us to decide which hotel to choose. Any recommendations? We want to remain in NY. Cost is not a factor. Anyone know which places have good food, nice rooms, nice grounds, good management?

I'm hoping that it was so obvious that you didn't feel you needed to mention it, but aren't high kashrus standards a factor in your choice? Kashering a hotel for Pesach is an extremely difficult endeavour, even for the experts.

taffy

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 5:07 pm
Shalhevet, I respect your level of frumkeit and erlichkeit and ask for the same from you. Please do not take apart my post, and what I didn't post, and just respond to the question if you are able to. Otherwise, leave it to those who can. Thank you for your sensitivity and understanding.

S.Shcwartz

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 11:02 pm
New jersey isnt far from NY. And the Westchester is IN NY. There are also some in the Catskills. And how about Grand Island NY? right next to Niagara Falls, that one is very interesting. In fact, if I'm going anywhere this year, that's the place it's gonna be, if you need more info. pm me.

lotte

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 8:36 am
I hear from many people I work with that Shick & katz are the best.
I can tell you where NOT to go!
Do not go to the Heimishe Orlando villas-you will lose thousands of $ -lose your happiness& will forget it's Yom-tov.Been there-done that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics