Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Lessons for the kitchen from a 3 day YT
Previous  1  2  3

Tova

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 1:39 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Shalhevet I wonder if your soup was COLD enough initially, in the fridge. It doesn't seem right that it would sour just from being on the plata...

Mine was in the freezer prior to being defrosted on counter and then put on plata.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 1:41 pm
Tova wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
Shalhevet I wonder if your soup was COLD enough initially, in the fridge. It doesn't seem right that it would sour just from being on the plata...

Mine was in the freezer prior to being defrosted on counter and then put on plata.
and it was sour?

Tova

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 1:47 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Tova wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

and it was sour?

Yup - I think I wrote about it on the first page. I just don't want to repeat the same mistake Succos time!

Tamiri

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 1:59 pm
I would first think about how it was cooled down after cooking, before freezing. I don't know about other people's platot but mine is hot enough to get a small pot of potatoes in water boiling, within about 2 hours. It's hot enough to get chicken roasting. But I can't say I've ever tried to heat up soup on the plata...

sunny90

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 7:33 am
I made my soup on Tuesday night and it cooked overnight, cooled down over Wednesday, and was in the fridge til Friday. I took it out about 11 in the morning to come to room temp and put it on the plata which turned on at 2, and it warmed up the whole day until dinnertime. It tasted fine, not sour at all.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 7:41 am
IIRC, I was told not to leave the soup bones in when letting it stay in the fridge for a few days...

pobody's nerfect

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 6:15 pm
while plating the simanim makes them look really nice, don't do it the 2nd night when prep time is precious and short! next year I'll do nice pre-plated ones for the first night only, and serve family style for the 2nd night.

nobody ever eats any of the weird new fruits. buy starfruit and nothing else.

if you check tons of lettuce, don't forget to use it!!!!

there IS going to be enough food. so stop worrying.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics