Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Sukkos 5774 Menus
Previous  1  2  3  4

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 8:26 pm
eishes wrote:
I see a lot of people here are making cholent for Shabbos - does that mean you're leaving your crock pot on for 3 days??? I was nervous to do that for the first days, but cholent is so easy to make I'm thinking about making it for the second days.
There are a few options for having the crockpot on for Shabbos/the 3rd day.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....ckpot

pelle wrote:
excuse my ignorance, but when are you grating the potatoes for yapchik. before yom tov or friday. how do yku keep them from turning brown if before.
Hand grate the potatoes on YT. Granted, I make a small cholent consisting of 4 potatoes.

girlzrus

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 9:01 pm
basement wrote:

Friday day:
Deli roll
French roast, franks-n-blanks, cauliflower kugel, grilled

Desserts/snacks: lemon bars, praline pie, sorbet with fruit, peanut butter bundt cake, chic chip ramekins

Can you please post the recipes for cauliflower kugel, lemon bars & praline pie? Thanx

basement

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 9:30 pm
Praline pie (not sure where this recipe is from- maybe from imamother)
1 graham crust
8 oz whipped topping
1/2 c conf sugar
2 eggs
2-4 (squares) oz shufra baking chocolate
1/2 c praline paste- baker's choice
Whip up topping, add conf sugar, add eggs, melt chocolate and add, mix praline paste well and then add, pour in crust, cover and freeze

Lemon bars
1 c margarine
2 c flour
1/2 c conf sugar
Mix these, pat into 9x13 pan, bake at 350 for 20 minutes
Beat very well: 5 T lemon juice, 1 1/2 c sugar, 4 eggs, 1/2 t baking powder, 2 T flour; pour over bottom layer and bake an additional 20-25 minutes. Cool, sprinkle with conf sugar

basement

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 9:35 pm
By the way, I didn't manage to find the praline paste so I'm not going to be making that pie- let us know if you do and it comes out good!
Cauliflower kugel (from Recipes Unplugged)
1 16 oz bag cauliflower
4 eggs
1 onion, diced
1 t. Salt
1/4 t. Pepper
3 T oil
Cook cauliflower according to package directions, mash and add remaining ingredients, mix well, bake in well-greased 8 in square pan at 350 for 1 hr or until golden

girlzrus

Post Tue, Sep 24 2013, 11:16 pm
Thank you basement for the recipes. Hope to find the time tomorrow to try them. Will keep you posted

girlzrus

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 10:56 am
basement wrote:
By the way, I didn't manage to find the praline paste so I'm not going to be making that pie- let us know if you do and it comes out good!

I made it and it was delicious. The whip I defrosted was double the amount of ounces I needed so I just doubled the rest of ingredients as well and got 2 pies. Which was good because that way I used up the whole can of praline paste.
Also the praline paste was tough to mix. And tougher yet when making the dessert so close to the zman.
The cauliflower kugel I'm making now for supper tnite.
Thanx again for the recipes.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus