Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone us Dr. Aronoff- dentist in Monsey?

rivk241

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 9:44 am
she takes my insurance ... I was wondering if she is good with older kids who really give me a hard time at the dentist! my kids are 13 and 15? and is she a good dentist??

momX4

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 12:00 pm
I have used her for many years for myself and my kids.

I had root canals done in her office and Dr Aaronoff put on the cap for me. My DD had a cavity a while ago and she did it without numbing her. DD hates shots.

She has a few dentists working for her. I have never used the other ones yet. My DH has an appointment coming up for a checkup/cleaning with another dentist. The hygienist I used are really great. I allow my kids to watch jewish videos while they get cleaned, and I found that really helps.

They are pretty good with scheduling appointments, you don't have much of a wait when you come.

One DS refuses to be treated be her (he was 2 and needed a cavities and a root canal).

rivk241

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 12:41 pm
thx.. anyone else??

here2chill

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 1:04 pm
Bumping up this thread as also need info on her

Is she gentle while administering the shot to numb?

Which other dentist in that group would you reccomend?

here2chill

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 1:05 pm
I am specifically asking for kids

momX4

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 1:57 pm
here2chill wrote:
I am specifically asking for kids

One of my DC needs cavities filled by her now. We have an appointment scheduled in September. She told us that she will try to do it without numbing ( my oldest DC insisted on no shots and it was fine.)

I just had a cavity filled and she gave me a quick shot. After a few minutes she came back and used the needle again, and I felt nothing. I personally find that if you have an interesting video on it helps my kids.

I never used any other dentist there. I heard that there is a pediatric dentist DR Holiday.

here2chill

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:09 pm
momX4 wrote:
One of my DC needs cavities filled by her now. We have an appointment scheduled in September. She told us that she will try to do it without numbing ( my oldest DC insisted on no shots and it was fine.)

I just had a cavity filled and she gave me a quick shot. After a few minutes she came back and used the needle again, and I felt nothing. I personally find that if you have an interesting video on it helps my kids.

I never used any other dentist there. I heard that there is a pediatric dentist DR Holiday.

Was the first shot painful? This is my main concern

momX4

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:20 pm
here2chill wrote:
Was the first shot painful? This is my main concern

I am hypersensitive, yes I felt it. It was a pinch.

I have taken a young DC to Smile Builders and I was never in the room when they filled the cavities. They claim that the kids behave better then. They feed off the mom's nerves.

I see that you are looking for a pediatric dentist. Try Smile Builders. Everyone that uses then is very happy. They dont take my insurance, but it was worth it in the long run. My DC that went there (root canals and big cavities at age 3) recently "graduated" to Aronoff and has no problems or fears of dentists.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries