Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Trips for family with four year old boy

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 1:55 pm
Hi. We are in Yerushalayim over yom tov and would like to make plans for chol hamoed.

We were thinking Mini Israel for one day? would a very curious four year old (who also loves to touch everythign LOL ) enjoy?

Also he is very into rocket ships and being an astronaut and flying into outer space. Is there a good museum for this age? A lot of hands on, maybe even a fake/real rocket/space ship? Imax etc...?

Any other ideas?

We have a car so anything within an hour or two is fine.

TIA.

Shuly

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 5:04 pm
Givat Hatachmoshet - http://www.funinjerusalem.com/......html

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 6:32 pm
What about the tanks at Latrun? Are tanks close enough to spacecraft? Very Happy

Marion

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 2:35 am
There's the air force museum. Mini Israel is great, but it's NOT for touching! Latrun (tank corps museum). The Science Museum has a space section, I think.

DrMom

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 2:58 am
Blumfield Science Museum - lots of fun hands-on stuff

Ein Yael - very nice place, across from Biblical Zoo, lots of workshops in ancient handicrafts, shaded picnic areas (probably sukkot too, not sure).

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 3:01 am
My kids were bored to death by mini-Israel, especially at that age. I mean, it's nice for the first five minutes, and then it's just more of the same.

I'd probably take a kid that age to hands on, physical activities. I think close to Jerusalem you have kiftzuba, where kids can run around and have fun. That type of thing. (I know, you have those types of things abroad too, but you can mix it with more 'Israeli' things).

DrMom

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 3:03 am
I though our family were the only "scrooges" that found mini-Israel to be a bore. My kids were more entertained by the bonzai nursery at the entrance...

amother

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 5:06 am
Thanks everyone!!

So while I think he would like tanks, rocketships are much cooler in his eyes Cool LOL so I have to look into the options.

Thanks for the info on Mini Israel. The only reason why I'm considering it is because beyond typical boy that he is, he is also ULTRA observant, questioning and smart, if I do say so myself.

We were also talking about horseback riding. Any SAFE places that you can ride (kids and adults) that lead you I.e. not on your own?

LisaS

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 5:26 am
You may enjoy Mini-Israel, just don't plan to spend a lot of time there. We found it interesting as a 1-2 hour diversion, not as a day's activity. Since we live nearby we didn't mind the short outing (plus had a discount.) We felt the same way about the tank museum - it was interesting for about an hour.

5 minutes away from Mini-Israel and Tank Museum are two animal related places:

- Chavat Tzahala - horseback riding: http://zahalafarm.co.il/
- Chavat Emek Ayalon - camel and donkey riding: http://www.hea.co.il/DEFAULT.asp

Both are small family owned businesses that would require you to book in advance if you want to ride. If you want to just see the animals you should be able to come for free.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 2:06 pm
Thanks so much!

So no space museum huh?

shalhevet

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 3:11 pm
I just saw this - it's an exhibition on technology and Judaism at Yad Binyamin over chol hamoed - looks like there are robots too.

http://group-e.buy2.co.il/grou.....smart

amother

Post Sun, Sep 22 2013, 12:45 pm
ok, so I don't know where the quote button is but thanks Lisa!!

we went here Chavat Emek Ayalon - camel and donkey riding: http://www.hea.co.il/DEFAULT.asp

It was a blast. Ds played with the puppies, fed goats and the whole family went on a 20 minute donkey ride. AMAZING!! One note: very hard to find.

So tomorrow I was thinking of visiting family in Bnei Brak and then the Israel Children's Museum. How long about to do the whole thing that it's still interesting for a four year old?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions